My interesting ride

I just have to share a little story from my day. At about 1:00 pm today I'm heading down Yucaipa Blvd., on my way to get gas before heading to Costco.... and my car stops going. I realize that I've run out of gas! Oh my, this has never happened to me before. I am about 1/2 mile or so from a gas station on Yucaipa Blvd. so I start praying "please Lord, let me coast to the gas station". Well of course I hit a red light and have to stop. I call Matt because I'm freaking out b/c I can't find my hazard light button on my car (I've only had it a couple of months), so he tells me where it is, and the light turns green. I pray and push the gas, and the car goes just enough to start coasting again (very slowly, but coasting none the less)..... and of course, I hit another stupid red light. I'm tempted to just run it, but cars are going through the intersection, so I can't. Thank the Lord.... I am able to start coasting again. I coast a little longer, right to the light where I can turn left to get to the gas station. Yucaipa Blvd. has a center divider, so I can't just turn into the gas station. Well by this point, my car will not go any further. I look around trying to figure out what to do and spot three boys waiting to cross the intersection to get to the skate park. I open my door and plead with them to come help me and push my car. These are not big boys mind you, I'd say they were about 10 or 11. Well thank the Lord, these three boys run out and start pushing my car. We pass some people who smile and laugh at me, and this makes me laugh because I realize how ridiculous I look. As we round the corner to turn into the gas station, we loose momentum, and the poor boys are struggling to to push my car, so I open my door and hop out to steer and push at the same time. At this point I start laughing pretty hard as we are quite a sight: a pregnant lady and three little boys pushing a car into a gas station. Thank the Lord, we got my car in a slot, and I was able to get gas. I profusely thanked the nice boys for rescuing me and helping me on such a hot day, and got my gas. Of course some man had to make a crack about me barely making it and trying to drive my car on fumes. I resisted the urge to say something snotty, and instead smiled graciously and told him it was a new car, and now I know how many miles are left when the gas light comes on. I do have to say, this was my very first time every running out of gas, so that's not so bad. Hopefully it will also be my last!

Comments

christy Harker said…
He-he...........I have never run out of gas either. Next time call me & I will run down and rescue you silly girl. :)
DonnaG said…
Ok, you don't know me, but I sort of know Christy Harker. Sorta because I never met her. But we were eintroduced. Anyhoo, saw your blog and it is adorable. Congrats on the baby and congrats more so on getting to the gas station in time. That is a GREAT BLOG STORY.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

My silly girl...