Matt's Surgery

We are home from surgery! We left at 10:00 this morning and got to Van Nuys a little early... around 11:45. They told us to be there at 12:30, and I assumed the surgery would begin shortly after. However upon arrival we found out the surgery wasn't actually scheduled to begin until 2:00. I didn't realize they took that much time to prep and prepare the patient. Matt went in at 12:15 and the got him all ready. I went to the waiting room and began my wait. As many of you know, I have a bit of a hard time sitting still, so waiting all day in a waiting room was not easy for me. I had brought a couple of books and some snacks, so at least I had something to do. I read, walked around, texted, read some more, ate, walked around, and then finally at 4:00 they called me. Matt was out of surgery and the Dr. spoke with me and told me that all had gone well, however they wouldn't let me see him in recovery. Finally, at 5:15 they called me back and told me I could take him to go home. I was very relieved that we could leave and it was finished. They wheeled Matt out and we maneuvered him into the back seat of the car so he could prop his leg up. I prayed for light traffic and we set out for home. Traffic was indeed light (considering we had to drive through L.A. and Pasadena), and we made great time. We got into Yucaipa at 7:15, and I swung through El Pollo Loco's drive through, as we were both STARVING. Poor Matt hadn't had anything to eat since midnight of last night. We got home, I helped him into the chair and we elevated his leg. This is where he will be spending the next solid week, and then probably most of the time for 1 to 2 weeks after that. Thank you all for your prayers, and now we are praying for a speedy recovery, and that the healing of his ankle would indeed be successful. The success rate of this surgery to heal what he has (osteochondritis), is 80%, so we are praying that he is in that 80% and will no longer have to hobble around in pain.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey 'little' bro! we are all praying for you here, that your recovery goes well and that everything heals just right. Have fun sitting on your butt.
Got any books you're planning to read? Call me if you're bored!
Annette
Anonymous said…
Ok its me Christy H but the stupid Blog wont let me sign in. Matt I hope you feel better soon. Poor thing having his wife snap pictures right after surgery! Ahhh welcome to the world of Blogging I guess.;) Love Christy

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard