A Baby by Thursday

I had my last Doctor's appointment today. My doctor said I am 2-3 cm dilated and about 60% effaced. I told him I'm ready to have this baby. He scheduled an inducement time for me next Wednesday at midnight (so really it will be Thursday, Nov. 1st). He told me he doesn't think I'll make it until then, but he said "I have been wrong, so you never know". He just thinks with the way things are progressing that Ethan will come before then. Either way, he will be here by Thursday! I am very excited. If I do go in to be induced, he said they'll just give me a bit of pitocin and hopefully things will happen quickly since I am already dilated and ready. My official due date (which I've gone back and forth on), isn't actually until Nov. 5th, so it looks like I at least for sure won't have to go over that.... what a relief! I feel very ready..... at least as ready as I'll ever be. Everything is in order, and my body is done being pregnant, I am VERY uncomfortable. I don't even feel nervous about going into labor, I just want to meet my little boy :) I'll let you know if it happens before Thursday!

I went over to my mom's after my doctor's appointment. She's been off all week due to the fires. She found my baby pictures, so we spent some time looking through them. I posted 4 of them below. Lord willing, in just a few more days, I'll be posting pictures of my own baby. After we looked at pictures, my mom and I went to Thai House for lunch. I have always loved Thai food, but it's funny, since about halfway through my pregnancy I could eat it all the time. I have had a lot of it lately.

2 days old, and taken in the hospital (I think)


Sleeping in my crib when I came home from the hospital at 2 days old.


My dad holding me at one week old.


My mom holding me at one week old.

Comments

Rob and Kelly said…
Wow! Less than a week until you get to meet your son! I hope these next couple of days are relaxing for you. I will be checking the blog often to see if he is on his way :)

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard