Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Off to the hospital...

Well, it's 11:30 and I just called the hospital. It's a slow night, and they have a bed for me, so off we go! I spent the day resting and relaxing at home.... I figured I'd better conserve energy for what lies ahead, and this was my last chance to just lay around. I was pretty anxious all day, but I'm also very excited. Matt and I have just been watching TV and laying on the couch all evening. We also went and got a bite to eat. It feels so weird to know that this was our last night together with just the two of us. All these months of anticipation and excitement have all led to this, which I know is just the beginning of a whole new journey. We pray for a healthy baby, and a quick delivery for me :) Lord willing we will be back soon and I will have some pictures to share. Thank you for all of your prayers!

11 comments:

Danielle said...

yay!~ here comes ethan!

Christy said...

All misty eyed........big lump in my throat, Love you friend. Your going to do great! I have been praying for you today.

krista said...

yay! i prayed for you everytime i got up to pee last night....so there were a lot of prayers :) hope you are doing well & progressing quickly!!!!

Rob and Kelly said...

I was up at 12:30, 2:00, 3:15, 4:00, 6:00 going to the bathroom and thinking and praying for you. I too couldn't help but to get teary eyed reading your post. Its 8:30 now and I cant wait to hear any news! We love you!

krista said...

good thing you have pregnant friends who pee a lot in the night :) sounds like you had a lot of thoughts & prayers throughout the night!

5KidMom said...

I won't claim to have prayed for you all night, because I'm NOT pregnant (Thank God!!), and I slept pretty soundly last night. I did pray for you an awful lot yesterday, and am continuing to do so today. I don't guess you're having the most fun right now, but meeting you precious Ethan will make every last pain worth while. Keep up the good work!! We're all looking forward to hearing of Ethan's debut. Pics (not of the actual debut) will be great too. 8^)

Patty said...

I was thinking of you last night too! Jacob didn't want me to forget you and Ethan, so he made sure to get up lots of times to eat! :P

krista said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Now someone needs to get on here and post some pictures! (not you of course) :) i am just anxious!

5KidMom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
5KidMom said...

I just saw the praise report from Ethan's grandma and grandpa on the River prayer chain.

Welcome to the world, sweet little Ethan! Great job, Mom and Dad!!

Jill said...

Hey, Jess! Congrats on the baby boy!!! I got the email from the prayer chain...how very exciting! You having your baby spurred me to have a dream that I had mine, too. Unfortunately, I woke up with a big belly. My dream didn't come true, at least not yet. Can't wait to see the little guy. :)