Friday, October 19, 2007

Wow, it's close I guess

Here I am today, at 37 weeks (almost 38). I feel absolutely huge! My belly is so tight, there is no more room for Ethan. The lower back pain is pretty bad right now. I had my doctor appointment today, and my Dr. told me the baby had definitely dropped (he could feel the head down really low). He also checked me and said I am 1-2 cm dilated, and that my cervix is definitely thinning (is it your cervix that thins?? Whatever it is that thins, it is thinning...haha....my brain is a little dense right now). He thinks Ethan may come a little early. I guess it could happen at any time! Kinda crazy! I haven't really had any real contractions yet, only Braxton Hicks ones. I guess we'll see what happens :) Matt's birthday is next Friday, so it would be funny if Ethan decided to share a birthday with his Daddy.

Look down lower (at Wednesday's post), and I have pictures of my belly from the past nine months.

6 comments:

Leanne said...

Jessica! I just found your blog from Loi's page. You are TOO cute! And the room looks awesome! I will be thinking of you and prayin' for ya these next few days...and months! :)Yea! I am SO excited for you guys!

Leanne

5KidMom said...

Sounds pretty imminent to me. How exciting!! I'll be sure to keep your family in my prayers as we all await the big day. 8^)

Anonymous said...

YAY! I hope you do go early. Going over is certainly no picnic. Love the belly timeline. So excited for you and Matt! I can't wait until you get to hold little Ethan in your arms. It is just the greatest! ~ Patty

krista said...

yay! good to know that your body knows what to do, huh? :) i hope he comes a lil early for you, as long as he is ready! enjoy these last few days, weeks, whatever it ends up being!!

Christy said...

great post! I told you I thought you looked low the other day! The progress photos were fun to look at. I am soooo excited for you and can't wait to meet Ethan. Anytime my friend, anytime! :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy!
Be ready. My Dr. told me the same thing with Em--my first--and I thought--"yeah, right, my due date isn't for two weeks."

Three days later Mark called my work at 8am from the delivery room to tell them I wouldn't be in that day. Em had been delivered at 7am.

Maybe Matt will have a birthday buddy? :-)

Praying for you and waiting for that phone call!
love ya all!
Annette