Busy days

Yesterday was a very busy, but good day. Thankfully Ethan decided to give ma great night the night before (Monday night). He slept from 10-2 and then from 3-6. I felt so good on Tuesday, this was the best night we've had yet. To start off the busy day I got a hair cut. I decided to go for a different style. I've had the same flipped out style forever now. We'll see how I do styling it... hopefully it will look decent. I like it, it's nice to have a change :) After getting my hair cut I ran a ton of errands and finished up our Christmas shopping. It's nice to have that done. Ethan mostly slept the whole time, so that made it nice. I went to a ton of different places. I was pooped by the end of the day. Then at 4:30 Faith came over to take a family Christmas picture of us. Ethan was hungry at this time and decided to be cranky, but we managed to get a couple of decent shots. I'll post the pictures, along with some that we took of him on Monday later.

Last night was a bit rougher, I had to get up 3 times to feed Ethan, and I didn't get much sleep. Today I decided to bust a move and clean my house as it was getting pretty dirty... so now I'm really pooped. It's definitely much harder to clean, or get much done with a newborn to care for. I used to clean my whole house every single week, but now I've decided that once every other week is enough. Those of you who know me know that I love a clean house, so it can be hard for me to let things go and not be so anal, but I'm getting better. After all, there's more to life than a clean house right? As long as it's at least picked up, I'm happy.

Now that Ethan is focusing on things and looking around, I've put him on his play mat that Uncle Jerrod got him a few times. This week he has also started to smile back in response to us. It's only happened a few times so far. I'm sure it will happen more and more.

On Saturday I went to a baby shower for my friend Kelly who is having twins. She, along with a couple other friends had not met Ethan yet, so I brought him along. Jolene was there with Christian as well. Of course we had to take a picture of the boys together.

After church on Sunday Matt and I got a cup of coffee at The Coffee Bean... Ethan's first time there. I wonder if he'll grow up to be a coffee addict like his parents? I also nursed him for the first time in public and it went great... this was exciting for me. It was too difficult to nurse him in public for the first month, as it took two hands and some effort to feed him. Now I've been feeding him in my recliner chair, and at the same time I have my laptop on my lap and I can check my email and stuff... nothing like multi tasking.


Snuggling with my boy before we went out for Sushi on Saturday. Grandma Walters watched him while we went. It was SO NICE to have sushi again, I enjoyed it immensely.

Comments

Christy said…
I love the photo of Matt holding him with the Coffee Bean in the background. Uh will he be a coffee addict? I should think so! ;) Glad you got your fill on sushi eat some for me cause YUCK! And Christian is cute too, he looks like a linebacker for the Chargers or something. :) Oh ya' and cute new hair cut! See you tomorrow friend.
Leanne said…
I love the hair cut! Isn't it nice to have something different? :)

I am so proud of you that you nursed in public. That is awesome! I always went to the car when I was out and about...kinda annoying. I should have just nursed where ever I was! Duh!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard