Friday, December 7, 2007

Butter Brickle Cookies

Those of you who know me know that my weakness in life is desserts. I love to make them and I especially love to eat them. I got this recipe a couple of years ago. The other day I came across it and decided to make it. It's so easy and yummy that I thought I'd share :) It's from Martha Green (a woman who owns a bakery and restaurant in Redlands). So far I've eaten three of these after making them today; hopefully I'll restrain myself and not eat anymore.

Ingredients:
-1 box white or butter cake mix
-3/4 cup vegetable oil
-1 egg
-1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
-1 cup Health Toffee Bits
-1 tsp. or more of lemon or orange zest

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Directions
Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl. Form dough into balls, place on a cookie sheet and press out with a fork. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.

4 comments:

krista said...

those sound soooo yummy! i need to print this recipe out!

Lisa Haveman said...

this DOES sound good... I'll try it! thanks

Ri said...

Sounds great! Anything with toffee in it wins me over. :-)
No unfortunately I won't be at the reunion, sorry to miss you! I will actually be in CA the following weekend, over Christmas and New Year's... it ended up working better that way for my schedule. So say hi to Matt for me and your new little kiddo!

Rhonda said...

I can't wait to try these.