Goals for 2008

I don't necessarily like to make "New Year's resolutions", however I do like to set out some goals for myself whenever we enter a new year. Posting my goals on my blog makes them more real to me, and hopefully I'll be more apt to stick to them, so here we go....

1. Read through the Bible. I'm going to do the Chronological Bible again, and I found a cool online Bible study that I'm going to do it through (click here to see the site). Anyone else reading through the Bible this year? If so, let me know and maybe we can keep each other in check :) I read through the Bible the year before last, but sometimes it's hard to keep the momentum.
2. Loose my last 5 pounds of baby weight.
3. Resume working out at least 2-3 times a week.
4. Buy an SLR camera (once we have finished saving up enough $$ for one), and learn how to use it.
5. Learn how to use Photoshop really well
6. Stay current on my scrapbooking.
7. Market my business and do at least 2 jobs a month.
8. Start an organizing blog
9. Get involved with a mom group

I also have one additional goal, and it is only for the month of January: to give up sugar (in the form of desserts). My little sugar addiction has gotten a bit out of control, so I'm going to give it up for a month in hopes of curbing my cravings a bit. I find myself wanting dessert after every meal, and also in between. They say it takes 3 weeks to break a habit, so I'm hoping that will be the case with my little addiction. Once my habit is broken I will add desserts back in in moderation. I'll let you know how I do with this one..... it's a pretty lofty goal for me, but I think I can do it. Oh, and I'm starting January 2nd, not the 1st. On the 1st we go over to Matt's parents house for ollie bollen (a dutch food... kind of like a donut).

I want to know if anyone else has any goals or resolutions. Please share :)

Comments

Rob and Kelly said…
I have been thinking of my goals as well but for some reason after reading your #2 goal I can't seem to even process a thought. I think I gained that in the last week alone!
Lisa Haveman said…
I would love to do your goal #1 with you! I have made many attempts in the past to read through the whole Bible and can't ever seem to keep in the routine. So, this year I say "I'm going to do it"!! I have a Bible reading chart already but would be interested in seeing what you have. Also, I'm already trying to get back into my routine of working out...I've found the more kids you have, the harder it is to work out :) Thankfully, nursing has helped me lose all my baby weight already so, sorry... I'm not giving up the sugar :) (although, I WILL cut down alittle!) Have a wonderful New Years! I'll miss having ollie bollen this year
Christy said…
ok, here comes scrooge are you ready? I HATE New Years resolutoins! Seriously if there was ever anything made to be broken thats the ticket! I have to say goals are good but then again I make those everyday and they still find a way to the bottom of the priority pile. :) Maybe I should go on my blog and vent? Oh and Im trying to gain 5 lbs want me to just take your for you? :) Love you!
Charlee said…
I stumbled on to your blog from another that I read. I wanted to say if you are looking for a moms group I found a fantastic one at www.meetup.com they go by your area. I live in Beaumont and the one I have joined is awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard

My silly girl...