my new favorite thing

What are these you ask? My new favorite healthy snack. Up until this year I had never before tried a persimmon. Thanks to the fact that my brother in law Mike had a tree overloaded with them this year, we are now officially hooked. This is the harder variety, not the soft mushy type. My father in law decided to dry some and let me tell you... they are delicious! I could seriously eat a baggy full of these things... but then I might end up having digested a bit too much fruit and regret it....if you know what I mean (like last summer when I proceeded to eat about 20 fresh apricots in one sitting). Anyhow, next year we need to dry a ton more of these things because I already devoured what I was given.



Looks like Cookie wants some too

Comments

loi v said…
yeah!!! i love persimmons!!!!
Rhonda said…
I've never tried them either. I think I will have to get my hands on some. I'm always looking for yummy healthy snacks.
Rhonda said…
I've never tried them either. I think I will have to get my hands on some. I'm always looking for yummy healthy snacks.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard