Monday, January 28, 2008

A nice rainy weekend

This weekend was Matt's three day weekend (he gets every other Friday off). It's always great to have him home for three days. On Friday we enjoyed a nice lazy morning, then went and had a little date at Starbucks (we had Ethan with us, but he was sleeping peacefully in his carrier). We ran a few errands and then came home and I made a yummy BBQ chicken pizza. As a special treat we opened a really yummy bottle of wine that we had been saving from one of our favorite vineyards in Paso Robles, Hunt Cellars.

On Saturday I decorated those letters for Ethan's room and then we had lunch with Matt's parents. Later that evening went over to the Odenbaughs for dinner with our small group.

Matt talking to Ethan after his nap
Matt's artistic photo of a bottle of wine we had last night and a wine glass.
Play time
On Sunday we went to church, and then my friend Tawny came over for lunch along with her husband and daughter. I met Tawny when we both went through the teaching credential program at UCR. Her daughter Samantha is almost 9 months old and was fascinated with Cookie. Cookie did pretty well with her after the initial excitement wore off. She even shared one of her toys with Sammy and tried to get her to play tug-of-war with her.
We had a nice fire going most of the weekend. It's always so fun to sit in front of a toasty fire when it's gloomy and raining outside. Here I am holding Ethan in front of it on Sunday.
Matt and I played a couple rounds of Sequence on Sunday afternoon after Tawny and her family left, an then a little later Jerrod and his friend Josh came over. We ate some ice cream and played Beyond Balderdash. I've been wanting to play that game for a while, but you have to have at least four people to play, so I was quite happy to be able to con some people into playing it with me :) Jerrod's friend was enjoying one last weekend of freedom before he ships off to Iraq for a year of duty (he is shipping out tomorrow, he's a marine).
To finish off the weekend Matt and I ate the rest of that BBQ chicken pizza on Sunday night and enjoyed another bottle of wine :)

This morning I got a text message from my friend Kelly saying that she had her identical twin girls last night!!!! Congratulations Kelly and Roberto! I can't WAIT to see pictures and hear the full story :)

4 comments:

Heather Hekman said...

Sounds like a nice weekend--fun just being with Matt, good food and playing games. You could handle a repeat of that, huh? That's very exciting about Kelly. I've been keeping up with her blog, too.

Christy said...

ahhh, I love the one of Matt and Ethan looking at each other. Oh and may I get a signed contract from you that you wont post about how naughty my child will probably be when you watch her on Thursday? I need that by wed. please. ;)

Jessica said...

Awe, shoot... I was thinking I'd for sure have something interesting to post after watching Ryanne ;)

Rhonda said...

I love weekends like that - full of spending time with the people you enjoy.