Thursday, January 31, 2008

Yummy salad dressing


I thought I'd share my new favorite salad dressing. It's super easy to make, and perfect for orange season. All you do is juice some fresh oranges (I used 2). If you don't have any oranges, you can use orange juice, just make sure it's 100% pure orange juice, and not from concentrate. Then you just use equal parts of the orange juice and extra virgin olive oil, and add in some Dijon mustard to taste. Simple and delicious :)

Let me share my favorite salad to put it over (my own concoction).....
-fresh green lettuce leaves
-chopped up Fuji apple
-chopped up oranges
-dried cranberries
-feta cheese
-slivered almonds, or my new favorite... candied walnuts
*I've also used pears instead of oranges, and that is yummy too.

I a salad for Matt and myself every single night, we always start our dinner with one of my salads. That way we don't eat near as much food for the main course.

5 comments:

Christy said...

yup. all that did was make me want to eat! You can also use lemon is you dont have oranges. Thats how I make mine. YUMMY!!!!!

krista said...

this sounds YUMMY!

Rhonda said...

I love orange juice in salad dressing. It is pretty good to add to marinade for chicken too. And the salad sounds great also. In summer I put strawberries and blueberries in that same salad - yummy!

DonnaG said...

We love that salad. We use feta, craisins and chopped almonds or pecans in nearly every salad we have here. Thanks for the dressing recipe. I will try it as we have about 100 oranges from our tree right now.

DonnaG said...

Hey Jessica, I tried your dressing last night. We seriously have about 200 oranges that we are trying to give away. So after reading your post, I ran to Ralph's to get some more Dijon and lettuce for a salad. Came home, made it up and the kitchen smelled so good. Thank you for the inspiration.