Friday, May 23, 2008

just a little stir crazy

I think Ethan's cold has made its way to me. I'm not feeling so great, yippee (I really hope you detect my sarcasm there). It's been raining all day, and I think it's supposed to be a gloomy weekend. I guess the weather decided to squash everyone's BBQ plans for the holiday weekend. I shouldn't have complained about the 105 degree weather last weekend, look what I got instead. Maybe the weather will prove us all wrong and clear up.

I haven't been out of the house since Wednesday. I feel a little stir crazy. I think it's compounded by the fact that I've been cooped up with a cranky baby today. I feel bad for him because he doesn't feel well, but now I feel bad for myself too because I don't feel well. I was going to go out to run an errand today, but didn't really feel like trekking through the rain with a sick baby. Okay, I'll stop grumbling now, no one likes a complainer.

On the plus side I did watch the Grey's finale and a movie today. Nothing makes me want to turn on the tube like rain. There's just something about this weather that screams out to me "be lazy and watch TV". It's a good thing I don't live in the Pacific Northwest, then I'd never get anything done and I'd probably weigh like 400 pounds.

Hope you all have a great holiday weekend despite the gloomy weather! Eat, drink and be merry!

4 comments:

krista said...

my thoughts exactly. i said those exact words today..."i am feeling stir crazy" and ben looked at me like i was just crazy. apparently he didn't know that saying :) we went to target to get a few things because i just had to get outta here!
sorry to hear you are sick :( i hope you feel better soon (and ethan too!!!)

Amy said...

I know the stir crazy feeling. I've been getting that a lot lately!

Heather Hekman said...

I understand. When you have kids, you can't just be as lazy as you feel like being. I have tried. It doesn't work. I feel a little sick, too, and am feeling sorry for myself as well. You're very normal. I took Jenelle and we went to get gas and a frappaccino. We actually went in and I let Jenelle play with the toys some. That was nice to get out. Praying for you and Ethan.

Christy said...

ya' I hear you , only I am stuck in the house with TWO KIDS who are going crazy!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! All I want to do is sleep. zzzzzzzz................my kids on the other hand want to be entertained 24-7! Calgon take me away. I think I will use my massage gift cert. next week. :) Come on sun!!!