Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day Brunch

Really it's the day before Mother's Day brunch, but it was to celebrate Mother's Day :) I made brunch and my mom and brother came over. We enjoyed some good food and then sat outside in the yard once the sun came out. We enjoyed my Mother's Day gift from Matt and Ethan... a swing :) I am thrilled, I love sitting on the swing and just enjoying the outdoors, especially with the soothing fountain. I have a hummingbird feeder and I love to watch the hummingbirds. Really it's the little things that please me :)

This picture of my mom and Ethan is adorable, I love it.Enjoying our new little back patio with the addition of my swing.



I have to laugh sometimes because I feel like I so often take identical pictures.
Is Cookie trying to model or something?
We're going to go to the nursery in a little bit and get some groundcover. Once it's planted I'll post pics of the fountain. In addition to my awesome swing, my boys are going to take me out for sushi tonight.

In other news Ethan's eye infection is back and I have to have a root canal.... argh :(

Hope all you hard working mothers feel special and appreciated tomorrow! Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your swing! What a nice present your boys got you! I am SOOO sorry to hear about your tooth. I pray that my many crowns don't get that far, but I am sure that will be me one day :( Good luck with that and Ethan's poor little eye!
PS We are both very lucky to have such handy men!!!
-Tawny (I don't know why it wouldn't let me post with my Blogger account???)

Christy said...

Poor Ethan. Im sorry Jess that you have to have dental work done. Ugh! Let me know if I can help out in anyway that day. Love You!

The Keilers said...

LOVE the new swing. Your backyard is becoming your lil sanctuary :). And thanks for your sweet words, many have told me that motherhood lightens you up a lot :). I can't wait (well, for now I can...;).