Sitting up is great

Yesterday started out all overcast and cold, but ended up turning out nice. I had to go to Target to get a few things. Ethan was a good boy, he just loves being out and about and seeing new things. I also went over to Michaels, I couldn't resist perusing all of the scrapbook stuff. Afterwards I ordered some sushi to go from Niko Niko and then ate it outside next to the fountain. It was lovely :)

It's so nice now that Ethan can sit up. He has been enjoying being able to sit up and play with his toys, especially outside. Yesterday we hung out in the backyard for a while. Ethan was in the shade I sat in the sun for a little bit because it felt so good. He is at such a fun stage right now, I am loving it.... he's not mobile yet but he loves to play and giggle, and he's not naughty yet. I'm so grateful that I get to stay home with him and I don't have to miss anything :)



Every Tuesday night we have dinner with a group of friends from church. My mom has been coming over every week to watch Ethan, which has been so nice. It's so nice to get to have some adult time every week. The last few times he has cried quite a bit for her, but last night he didn't cry at all. Hopefully he is turning over a new leaf and will keep up the trend :) Before I left I fed him and he chowed.... he ate all of his oatmeal, half of a thing of squash, and a whole thing of prunes. That is the most he has eaten so far. Tonight the Flores' are coming over for dinner.

Comments

Heather Hekman said…
That's so good that you both have a newfound freedom. He looks so cute sitting up. Glad he's starting on a good non-crying pattern with your mom.
Christy said…
my favorite pictures of him so far! So animated. ;) Like his mama.
The Keilers said…
Love the colors. What an awesome husband you have that enables you to savor these moments :). I also love that you don't have to miss thing!
Charlee said…
Staying at home is a true blessing and I wouldn't have it any other way!
Eileen said…
Love your blog! What a beautiful family! Say hi to your Mom! Love and miss you, Eileen (my new blog: happytrailing.blogspot.com)
Rhonda said…
I loved this stage. They are happy because they can get to and play with their toys, they can see and feel like they're not missing out, but you don't have to constantly chase them. Ethan is so cute. I agree with Christy, great pictures.
Ri said…
Hey nice pictures Jessica! I really like these. And I love that first shot of him smiling.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

My silly girl...