6 years

Today is our six year anniversary. I met Matt two weeks before I turned 18. It was my very first day of college at UC Riverside. I had decided to check out their Campus Crusade for Christ ministry in the hopes of meeting some great people. I went to the meeting that night and one of the first people I met was Matt. He was a junior and had been involved in Crusade since his Freshman year.

I thought he was cute. I dug his dimples and I liked how tall he was. I met several other people that night, but Matt definitely stuck out in my mind. Two weeks later I went to another meeting. By this time I had just turned 18. Matt was there again and I was drawn to him. We talked and somehow I ended up inviting him to attend the college group at my church. Sure enough he came. We talked some more and somewhere along the line ended up exchanging phone numbers and e-mail addresses.

I think we might have met up on campus, but I know we kept seeing each other at the Crusade meetings. One thing led to another and we started hanging out. We never really had an official first date. I think it was about a month and a half after we met that we really started dating.

Within three months we knew we wanted to get married. The only problem was that one of us would have to graduate and make some money. Matt gave me a little promise ring and we continued to date, but we talked about marriage a lot.

We got engaged about a year and a half after we met and set the date for our wedding. What felt like an eternity, but was actually fourteen months later, we got hitched. The date: on July 13th 2002,.Three months shy of 21, I wasn't even quite yet of legal drinking age.

Six years later here we are. We've lived in our home for 4 years, we have a beautiful 8 month old boy and we are loving life.

I love Matt for so many reasons. Here are just a few:
  • He is extremely loving and sweet.
  • He loves to cuddle and touch me.
  • He makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world.
  • He is extremely laid back and easygoing. That's probably why we hardly ever fight... he usually lets me have my way, lol.
  • We have so much fun together. We can talk for hours, laugh about nothing, be silly, and we enjoy one another so very much.
  • He is kind and generous and has a heart of gold. If you ask him to do something it is rare he will say no.
  • He is a great provider and leader for our family.
  • He is REALLY smart.... much smarter than me :)
  • He knows his doctrine really well and I always ask him spiritual and Biblical questions and know that I'll get a good answer.
  • He is very creative. That's probably why he's a design engineer. He loves to think of solutions for problems, or better ways to do things.
Here are some pictures from the past six years.






The first weekend trip we took after getting married. We went to San Diego. Wow, I look young in this picture.
My 22nd birthday
Snowmobiling in Mammoth
Havasu
Montana
One of our many trips up the California Coast to go camping in San Simeon
Chicago
Michigan







I love you honey! I pray the Lord blesses us with many more years together :)

Comments

Rhonda said…
Congratulations!!!!
I love the picture walk.
We just got home from camping in San Simeon. It was such a nice break from the heat and oh so beautiful. We usually go to pismo, but San Simeon is closer so we decided to try it out.
Annette said…
Matt and Jess,
Congratulations on your 6th anniversary! It doesn't seem like it has been that long, and yet it seems like you've been together forever too! Matt, I remember when you told me about Jess for the first time, You knew then, I think. I couldn't be a prouder big sister, seeing you now with your wife and son. And Jess, you are just perfect for Matt and I'm so glad you're part of our family. May God bless you both with many more years together!
love you both!
Matt said…
I love you sweetie!! Happy Anniversary! You are a wonderful wife and I am SO blessed!
Krista said…
Happy Anniversary you guys!!!! I hope that you have a fun celebrations :)
Heather Hekman said…
Such a sweet tribute. We pray that God continues to draw you closer to each other and to Him.
Faithy said…
Congratulations on 6 years together! We have been so blessed to share many of those years with you. We love you guys! Ours is next :)
Tawny said…
6 years, wow! Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a WONDERFUL day! Hope to see you in a couple weeks :)
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful sweet story! Happy Anniversary!
-Melissa
Patty said…
Happy Anniversary, Matt and Jess! Hope you had a great day.
Christy said…
happy, happy day! I remember when you brought Matt to the costume party and he was dressed as a chritmas tree; I knew he was the one for you! ;)
M~ said…
Hi! I checked out your blog from a comment you left on Christy's, who I've also just met. Just thought I'd wish you a happy anniversary! ...and I must compliment you on your blog page! It's really beautiful, and I love all your pictures and Scriptures!

Many blessings!
Marissa~

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard