I thought he was cute. I dug his dimples and I liked how tall he was. I met several other people that night, but Matt definitely stuck out in my mind. Two weeks later I went to another meeting. By this time I had just turned 18. Matt was there again and I was drawn to him. We talked and somehow I ended up inviting him to attend the college group at my church. Sure enough he came. We talked some more and somewhere along the line ended up exchanging phone numbers and e-mail addresses.
I think we might have met up on campus, but I know we kept seeing each other at the Crusade meetings. One thing led to another and we started hanging out. We never really had an official first date. I think it was about a month and a half after we met that we really started dating.
Within three months we knew we wanted to get married. The only problem was that one of us would have to graduate and make some money. Matt gave me a little promise ring and we continued to date, but we talked about marriage a lot.
We got engaged about a year and a half after we met and set the date for our wedding. What felt like an eternity, but was actually fourteen months later, we got hitched. The date: on July 13th 2002,.Three months shy of 21, I wasn't even quite yet of legal drinking age.
Six years later here we are. We've lived in our home for 4 years, we have a beautiful 8 month old boy and we are loving life.
I love Matt for so many reasons. Here are just a few:
- He is extremely loving and sweet.
- He loves to cuddle and touch me.
- He makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world.
- He is extremely laid back and easygoing. That's probably why we hardly ever fight... he usually lets me have my way, lol.
- We have so much fun together. We can talk for hours, laugh about nothing, be silly, and we enjoy one another so very much.
- He is kind and generous and has a heart of gold. If you ask him to do something it is rare he will say no.
- He is a great provider and leader for our family.
- He is REALLY smart.... much smarter than me :)
- He knows his doctrine really well and I always ask him spiritual and Biblical questions and know that I'll get a good answer.
- He is very creative. That's probably why he's a design engineer. He loves to think of solutions for problems, or better ways to do things.
The first weekend trip we took after getting married. We went to San Diego. Wow, I look young in this picture.
I love you honey! I pray the Lord blesses us with many more years together :)