Dogs and ants

This is one of those posts where I complain, because quite frankly I'm in a foul mood and I want to complain about it. I was kept up nearly all night by the neighbor's barking dog. I would just fall asleep, and then he would start up again. I was seething in my bed. I kept thinking of things to do. I was thinking of looking up their phone number and calling them repeatedly to see how they like being kept up all night (they live catty corner to us and we don't even know these neighbors), I was thinking of throwing poisoned meat over there. I know, that is horrible, but when you are tired and kept up all night horrible thoughts sometimes cross your mind. I was thinking about getting other neighbors to complain to the city with me. This dog barks ALL the time and I've simply had enough.

Then this morning we were greeted with a kitchen and dining room full of ants.

Lovely.

What a way to start the day. I am definitely calling a pest company and I don't care how much it costs. We have got to put an end to this. Seriously, why did God create ants? What purpose do they serve other than driving people insane?

Okay, there you have my whining for the day. I'll shut up now :) I just put Ethan down for a nap and I'm going to crawl back into bed myself. Forget my to do list today, I don't care.

Comments

Kelly said…
I laughed at the dog part! Sad but true. Maybe you could go over and mention. Is it possible they don't hear it? Sometimes people become deaf to their own pets.

About the ants. I H-A-T-E ants. Rob can be my witness as to the level of hate (sad) that comes out with ants. I use to look up ways to get rid of them online and I tried every single one. The only thing that I have found to work for kitchen areas is Windex. That way poison is not around your food and the die instantly. It doesn't keep them away but it kills them.

Hope they stay away, I'm pretty sure its ants season though.
Crystal said…
Oh I agree. Ants, mosquitos, and roaches. Why I ask, why?
Christy said…
want me to take care of the dog? I know people who know people if you know what I mean. ;) oh yes, welcome to ant country. Yucaipa is the worst! I had a kitchen full this morning as well. Lovely.
Heather Hekman said…
I'm sorry your sleep was so sporadic. That does make me irritable, too. Ants are supposed to be an example of a good work ethic. They are persistent!
Kelly said…
When we lived in Whittier, we had a rooster (yes, a rooster!) live next door to us that would crow all night long. We finally called animal control. You might want to contact the city's code enforcement. It think there are noise ordinances.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard