Fort Collins Brewfest

We are back safe and sound. We drove through Wednesday night and arrived home Thursday morning. We spent the day unpacking, doing laundry, resting, mowing the lawn and washing my filthy car. We were SO tired and crashed as soon as we put Ethan to bed. We left from Colorado after visiting my mom' s mom. We were able to see most of the Rockies before the sun went down, and once again it was gorgeous. We saw some more elk which was neat. We decided next time we go to Colorado we have to stay a few nights in the mountains. The drive was good and we made great time, but I don't think we'll be driving through the night again... it's rough. We did it so that Ethan would just sleep the whole time, and he did, but it takes it out of you. Then we have to spend the entire next day recovering, so I don't know if it's really worth it. Anyhow, we're home :)

I have lots of pictures to share. I'll start off with the Fort Collins Brewfest that we went to on Saturday. This is an annual event that takes place in their old town, which is really cool. They had about 30 different Colorado breweries there (apparently Colorado has tons of breweries... I didn't know that). You bought tokens and then could taste as many beers as you wanted. Matt and my brother were in heaven. We spent about three hours there tasting and hanging out. The weather was perfect (mid 70's). Ethan was a good little boy and took a great nap in his stroller despite the loud noise. It was such a fun event and we're glad we happened to be there for it.

They had the biggest rice crispy treats that I had ever seen. I couldn't resist buying one. I'm not kidding, the thing was nearly as big as my head.
I'll be back later to post more pictures. I need to work on getting my house clean now.

Comments

Patty said…
mmmmm......beer. What a lot of fun! And thanks for explaining that you are eating a giant Rice Krispy treat. I was like, 'WHAT is THAT?'
Tawny said…
Joe is completely jealous! Looks like you had a great trip! That is so great that Ethan napped in spite of the noise, don't you love that!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard