Monday, July 14, 2008

Our anniversary and Ethan's scooting

Matt and I had a great anniversary. Matt took me out on Saturday and I got to buy a few little odds and ends that I had been wanting. I got a nice wood cutting board, a mandolin slicer, new kitchen rugs, and a pedi egg. Have you seen those pedi eggs? They are so great! Without sounding gross, they get all the rough skin off your feet, it works so well! Matt says it's just a cheese grater for feet, which I have to admit is kind of a good description.

My mom came over and babysat on Saturday night and we went out for a nice date. We ended up going to The Melting Pot (thank you Krista for suggesting it!), which is a fondue restaurant. We had such a fabulous time. We had our own little private booth, and we loved the food and the atmosphere. We had a delicious 4 course fondue meal which stretched out over 2 1/2 hours. It was a really romantic dinner. Here is a picture of us before we left:
Ethan can pretty much get anywhere he wants now. He is getting faster and faster at his scooting. Sometimes he gets up onto his knees, but then hasn't quite figured out how to crawl, so he flops back down to his belly and starts scooting. He is into anything he can get too.... especially the dog food and chords. I'm slowly putting things up as the need arises.

One of Ethan's new favorite things is to get under his exercauser. I think he must have been reading about how his friends Jacob and Maddie do that and decided to jump on the bandwagon.

I took Cookie to get her shots today and surprisingly we were in and out of there in 15 minutes. I was quite pleased. Later this afternoon I'm heading back over to my mom's for taco night and spending the night. I rented the Other Boleyn Girl, which I still have not seen. I read the book a couple of years ago and loved it. I've heard the movie isn't as good (which always seems to be the case), but we're going to watch it anyhow.

6 comments:

Christy said...

Uummm, Ethan gets cuter everyday I swear! Congrats on 6 years and I am glad your date was so amazing. Love you guys!

Krista said...

Cute pictures!
I am so glad you guys had a nice dinner at the Melting Pot!! I haven't been there for too, too long!
We have a pedi-egg too. I liked it, until I used it too much. Ouch. It took my feet like a week to recover and now I am scared to use it again.
I rented The Other Boleyn Girl last week. I liked it but I never read the book. It's pretty scandalous! :)
Enjoy your night!!!

Kelly said...

6 years already!! Wow. I was just looking at your other post and I can't believe how young you look. Wait...not that you look old now, but it doesn't seem like you have aged until I saw the picture.

I just saw that movie. I love period pieces so I really liked it, but there were points in the movie that made me so mad!!

I hope you enjoy your night!

Shelly R. McGuire said...

I have the pedi egg too! I overused it as well and then my feet (which were used to callouses) developed new callouses from where my feet were pretty beat up becuase I walk around bare-foot. It is still good! Congrats on your 6th anniversary!! I am so happy for you :)

Heather Hekman said...

Ethan is so much just looking like his own little person--so cute. It was fun to see you all. I haven't heard of a pedi egg, but I have a part of my pedicure tool that is like a cheese grater. Here's to smooth feet.:)

Patty said...

Oh, the Melting Pot! I've heard that is super yummy. Glad you and Matt had a nice, romantic night out!
I see another one has followed Jacob's example with climbing in the exersaucer. Ha Ha HA We have some soft blocks under there so its like a ball pit. :P