Incredible cheesey Broccoli soup

This is a yummy soup for a cold day. I like it because it tastes more sinful than it actually is. I've made incredibly fattening broccoli cheese soup with sticks of butter and much more cheese than this, and I've made this, and frankly I think this recipe is delicious. It's hardy and it won't add inches to your hips :) It makes a huge pot, probably like 10 servings.

Broccoli and Cheese Soup


- 4 C chicken broth
- 2 large potatoes (diced)
- 1 C. chopped celery
- 1 C chopped carrots
- 4 C. chopped broccoli (frozen)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3 T. flour
- 2 C. skim or 1 % milk
- 1 small box Velveeta, cubed (around 14 oz.)

In a large pot, combine water, potatoes, vegetables, broth, salt, pepper and marjoram. Bring to a boil and simmer until veggies are tender (15-20 min.). Use an immersion blender and blend the soup to a consistency that pleases you. The regular blender will also work just fine. In a separate bowl, blend flour and milk. Slowly add flour/milk mix to the large pot. Stir constantly until soup thickens. Add cheese cubes and stir until melted and smooth. Enjoy!

p.s. Just so you know, that picture is not the actual soup I made :) I just feel like a post is more interesting with a picture.

Comments

Nikki said…
Thank you for posting this! It sounds like a very easy soup to make... I am going to get all the stuff to make the soup next time I am at the store.
Kelly said…
Oh...if only the hubby liked broccoli! :(
Charlee said…
This sounds yummy going to have to try it Breven and I love brocoli
Jill said…
That sounds really yummy! I love when you post recipes on your blog...keep 'em coming!
Heather Hekman said…
I appreciate the picture. It looks/sounds delicious!
krista said…
I am making this next Friday night...Thanks for the yummy recipes. Keep them coming! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard