Sunday, March 30, 2008
These are some burp rags and a frame that I made for my friend Leighann. I went to her baby shower on Saturday. She's going to have a little boy in just a few weeks :)
Friday, March 28, 2008
1. Some relationships are meant to last for a season, others are meant to last for a lifetime.
2. Kenny Chesney is the last concert I saw; it was right before I started to enjoy country music, so I was really bored.
3. Spring should be longer! I would take spring for 6 months instead of our roasting hot summers.
4. Oh no! I forgot to buy some more maple syrup at the grocery store for waffles this weekend!
5. I've recently started to think about putting together a wedding album (now that it's been almost 6 years since our wedding).
6. Ethan's giggles never fail to make me smile.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to some homemade pizza and a movie with my hubby, tomorrow my plans include going to Leighann's baby shower and Sunday, I want to go to church, relax, and then in the evening put the babe to bed and have gourmet cheeses and crackers, a glass of Chimay, and play a game with my hubby!
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Here is the video clip:
Here is another video of Ethan talking this mornin. He is very vocal and loves to hear the sound of his voice.
Danny and Jolene came over for dinner last night. They brought Christian's jumper and the boys jumped together for a little bit. They were pretty cute. They had to be separated after a little while because they were egging each other on to fuss. I made macadamia nut crusted mahi mahi with a ginger lime butter... it was so yummy. The cake that I made for dessert was really yummy too... it was a ginger angel food cake with coconut frosting, a Cooking Light recipe. If you'd like the recipe, click here.I worked hard today and got my house cleaned, sheets washed, and laundry done. Tomorrow I'm hoping to maybe scrap a page or two and also take our comforter to the laundry mat and wash it. I know, I know... I live a life of excitement :)
Monday, March 24, 2008
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Today we worked outside in the yard and got a lot accomplished. Okay, I worked for about 2 hours and Matt worked all day. I had to run a couple of errands, and while I was out Ethan fell asleep (at 2:30), now it's almost 5:00 and he's still asleep! It's worth going out every day at that time if it means he'll take a nice long nap! He did the same thing yesterday, and also on Tuesday, and he was so happy in the evening (instead of cranky because he didn't get enough nap time during the day).
Matt has Monday off, so we'll work some more in the yard and we hope to prep for the fountain we're going to put in. We eat dinner outside nearly every night that the weather permits, so it's nice to have the yard looking nice :) I love being outside. Now if we can just finish our last couple of projects out there, the whole thing will be complete. It's been a long process... we've pretty much re-done the entire yard.
Now we're off to Grady Oates first birthday party. Hope you all have a wonderful Easter!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
I put together the jogging stroller and used it for the first time today. The weather was so nice, sunny yet not too hot, so I took Ethan for a little stroll in the stroller. He loves sitting upright and looking out at everything. He looked so cute in his little sun hat. After we got back we layed on a blanket in the grass for a little bit. I love spring! Hopefully this weekend we'll get some pretty flowers planted in the beds in the back yard.