Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Straw and Hay Alfredo with Roasted Asparagus (Cooking Light)
Serves 8 (serving size one cup)
I also like to add a grilled chicken breast or two to this.
PreparationPreheat oven to 425°.
Combine first four ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add milk mixture to pan; cook 3 minutes or until mixture simmers, stirring constantly. Cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Cover.
Place asparagus on jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° 10 minutes or until browned, stirring once.
Cook both pastas according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well.
Place pastas and asparagus in a large bowl. Add cheese mixture, tossing well. Add truffle oil and pepper; toss gently. Serve immediately.
CALORIES 296(35% from fat); FAT 11.4g (sat 5.2g,mono 4.7g,poly 0.8g); PROTEIN 14.5g; CHOLESTEROL 21mg; CALCIUM 276mg; SODIUM 602mg; FIBER 3.7g; IRON 2.8mg; CARBOHYDRATE 34.9g
Monday, April 28, 2008
The video clip of him eating/sucking his toes:
This is a little video clip of Ethan in the bathtub after dinner. He was laughing when I was hiccuping, so I was doing it on purpose to make him giggle more :)
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Later on Friday evening Matt went over to his brother Mike's house to celebrate his 40th birthday. I stayed home with Ethan because they had people over at 7:00, and he goes to bed at 7:30. He doesn't do very well after 6:30 or 7:00, so it's not much fun at all to do anything at that time. It's okay though, it will only be like this for a little while, not forever. Matt had fun with his family and I enjoyed a nice bubble bath and watched Pride and Prejudice. It was actually really relaxing and fun to watch a chick movie :)
On Saturday Matt helped our friends the Mercers move into their brand new house in Beaumont (their first house too). They were very excited to get into their home. While Matt did that I went over to my mom's and visited. We just hung out for a bit and relaxed. Matt was kind enough to stay home and watch Ethan later that night while I went out with some girls for Jen's birthday. We painted pottery and then had a tasty meal at a new restaurant in Redlands called Canton Bistro. It turns into a club after 10:00, but Faith and I left as we weren't really up to dancing. It's actually a really cool place and kind of has a Vegas vibe.
Today we went to church, had some iced tea at Coffee Bean and then lunch with Matt's parents at Kopper Kettle. Matt relaxed and watched his race and I did a little sewing. It's been a lovely day. Ethan is under the weather again, he's been coughing and congested, so I figure he picked up a cold somewhere.
Hopefully after we put the babe down for bed tonight we can finally watch Lost that I TiVoed on Thursday :)
Thursday, April 24, 2008
His face in this one cracks me up. He seems so intent on chewing his fist.
After eating his sweet potatoes and prunes tonight (both of which he loved by the way). He looks so big to me in this picture. My my how time flies.
This was last night at Las Fuentes. My mom was making him dance on the table... he thought it was pretty amusing.
I gave Ethan some prunes today to try to help things along and he actually really liked them. I wasn't going to give him fruit yet, but I decided to give him a bit to help him out.
While I was uploading these pictures I had set a pot of ice tea to brew. I came back into the kitchen and the jug wasn't up against the brewer well enough, so I had an entire pot of ice tea brewed onto my counter... lovely.
- The bees are still gone, thank goodness.
- Wednesday I planted some more flowers to brighten up the back yard.
- Matt put together our new patio set and it is SO nice to have it. We are already enjoying it. We still have two more projects to finish up in the back yard and then it will finally be 100% finished. Does anyone know a place to get a decent priced fountain?
- I have been enjoying my time with my grandparents. Monday I made dinner and everyone came over here. Wednesday morning we had breakfast at Martha Green's in Redlands, then my grandparents walked around downtown Redlands with Ethan while I went around the corner to the dentist. I found out I have a huge cavity... ugh. Later that same evening we all went to Las Fuentes for a yummy Mexican dinner.
- Ethan is doing a lot better with oatmeal. He likes it and is now actually eating most of the cereal and eagerly taking the food into his mouth. Unfortunately since starting cereal the poor little guy is pretty plugged up.... I feel bad for him but I hear that is normal when starting solids. Hopefully his little body will regulate itself soon.
- If any of you have Photoshop (not Elements) and like to play with it, Pioneer Woman gave away a set of free actions a while ago, which I just finally downloaded and started to play with. Click here if you want to see them.
- I love spring :) The weather has been great. I love it when you can enjoy being outside in the sun and not be roasting hot. I especially appreciate the nice weather because Ethan LOVES being outside. In the evenings when he's cranky we put him in his jogging stroller and hang out outside and he is quite content for a while. He loves to watch Cookie run around. I guess he takes after his mama in that respect, because I also have always loved being outside.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Sunday, April 20, 2008
After lunch we went to Home Depot and picked up a patio set we had picked out (we've been looking for one). Matt's parents went along with us so that they could take it home for us in their truck. They got to our house and unloaded it, and all of the sudden a swarm of bees came into our backyard and decided to make a home in our apricot tree. Ugh! I got as close as a I dared and took a picture. We just called a bee exterminator who is going to come out late tonight or early tomorrow morning to take care of it. I guess he waits until it's dark to ensure that the hive is all together. fun fun. In the mean time Cookie is not aloud in the back yard. The crazy thing is that yesterday Matt's parents had to have a bee guy out because they had a hive in their chimney! Thankfully the damper was closed so not man of them got into the house. We're going back over to my mom's house now to spend some more time with my grandparents. Since they'll be here all week we'll be spending as much time with them as possible :) I posted some pictures of the bee hive and from yesterday down below.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Monday, April 14, 2008
Yesterday afternoon and evening we went over to Danny and Jolene's. Crystal, a good friend of ours who moved to Texas 8 years ago, was out visiting with her husband. I met Crystal at the same church that I met Jolene. We met when we were in high school and were really close, but she moved to Texas once we started college. She is an amazing woman and her and her husband have each have a huge heart for missions. It was so great to see her and get to know her husband a little (I had only met him at their wedding). She got to meet Christian and Ethan for the first time as well. I wish they lived closer so we could see them more often! The boys jumped in their jumpers while we ate.
I am pooped today because Ethan was up from 1:45-4:00 last night screaming and crying. I finally got him to stop by feeding him (he usually never eats in the middle of the night). I think it was because he is a little under the weather. The three of us have mild colds. Then he was up at 5:30 ready to start his day. I brought him in bed with me and fed him and thankfully he went back to sleep until 8:45. Hopefully tonight will be better!
1) Four places I go over and over:
- Trader Joe's
- My Grandma
- My mom
- chocolate chip cookies
- Laying on a beach in Hawaii
- On a vacation somewhere fun
- getting a massage
- rude people
- Legally Blonde