I can't resist a good survey, so when I came across this on Musings of a Housewife I had to play along :)
1. What did you do in 2008 that you had never done before?
I got myself a digital SLR and learned how to use it :) I had never used one at all before getting my Canon 30D.
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I made a few goals last year and I met some of them.... I learned how to use Photoshop, I worked out consistently until about October....when illness seemed to throw me off the bandwagon (and I haven't hopped back on), I got myself a DSLR and am learning how to use it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yup.... and I got to be in the delivery room for it! That would be Mr. Wesley Oates.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not close to me personally, but close to my husband's family. One of Marlene's brother's passed away just last week :(
5. What countries did you visit?
None! Although there I many I would love to visit.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Just an extra bedroom in my house :) We only have two. The only way it will probably happen is if we move.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Nov. 1st was pretty special as that is when my baby turned one :)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I taught myself how to use Photoshop, became better at sewing, and learned how to use my DSLR (and am still learning all of those things!).
9. What was your biggest failure?
Falling off the bandwagon big time in my Bible reading. That is my main goal for 2009 actually.... to be in the word consistently. I've also started journaling again, which really helps me stay focused.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully I didn't. My son was sick several times, but I only had mild stuff.
11. What was the best thing you bought?My Canon 30D and the three lenses I have :)
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
hmmm.... I can't think of someone right now.
13. Where did most of your money go?
Shelter and food! Our house payment, utilities and groceries suck up most of our money.
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
All of Ethan's milestones. Being that he was only 2 months old at the start of 2008, he had SO many this year! Each one was really exciting :)
15. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I don't really have one.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) Happier... I think life continues to get richer as I get older. I also think I tend to appreciate and enjoy the little things more.
b) Just a tad thinner.... I had hoped to be more thin 14 months after having a baby... but those last few stubborn pounds seem to really like my booty. Although the holidays certainly haven't helped that!
c) Monetarily speaking we're better off as Matt got a new job half way through the year. Thankfully he makes more and even more importantly loves it!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading my Bible. I plan to change that this year!!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I feel like I can waste a lot of time on the computer.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family and Matt's family. It was lovely and low key. I enjoyed it a lot :)
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I just fell more in love with my sweet son and my amazing husband :)
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Hmmm... honestly I probably watch too much TV. The Tivo is my friend :) As far as my favorite I'm gonna go with The Office.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No way... I don't hate anyone. Life is way to short for that!~
25. What was the best book you read?
Goodness, I read so many it's hard to choose!
26. What did you want and get?
A healthy, happy, sweet little boy who is growing just as he should :) I also really really really wanted a DSLR and I got one.
28. What did you want and not get?
Nothing that truly matters. I really try to be content with what I have. While I sometimes have to put myself in check, life's riches are not found in "stuff" for me.
29. What was your favorite film this year?
I have no idea.... I think we only made it to the movies like twice! We did watch a lot of rented movies from Netflix, but I can't remember.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had the family over for some delicious smoked meat.... and I turned 27!
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
There are tons of superficial things that I might want, but honestly none of them makes life more satisfying. I have a healthy family and I bask in their love and company every day. Even more importantly I have a God who cares about my every need and provides me with a constant source of joy that far surpasses any earthly riches I could get.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Now that I'm a stay at home mom I usually go for casual comfort. I'm pretty much always in jeans these days. I do dress up for church and special occasions, but mainly it's jeans and a t-shirt of some sort.
32. What kept you sane?
My faith and my husband.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Eh. I can’t think of anyone who is particularly impressive to me.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Prop. 8 and the election.
36. Who did you miss?
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Hmmmm..... I met some fabulous ladies at T-moms this year. I also met a few fellow bloggers :)
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Ummm.... I don't know, I can't think of anything! I know, I'm lame.
Okay, YOUR turn! Play along :)