painting and a birthday

Yesterday Matt made great progress on painting the outside of the house. We've been working on it here and there for quite some time now. He probably has about 4 more days of work to do and then he'll finally be finished. The hard part has been the darn eves... scraping, priming and painting them has taken up the bulk of his time.

Ethan thought it was funny that Matt was on the ladder and kept tapping his legs and trying to climb up with him.

I love these next two pictures of Ethan. It's so rare I can get him to look at the camera these days.

Ethan is now big enough to climb up onto my swing. He loves to climb up and just sit on it. It's his new favorite place in the backyard.
This weekend was my mom's birthday. Yesterday Ethan and I met her and her friend Beth for lunch at the Kopper Kettle. Ethan was great and enjoyed a whole plate of french fries while we ate. Today after church she came over and I made some yummy steaks, baked potatoes and roasted asparagus. We enjoyed a nice quiet lunch with adult conversation while Ethan napped. She stayed for a few hours and then went to go get a massage. Sounds like a nice birthday to me!





Happy Birthday Momma, I love you!

Comments

Crystal said…
Awe, Happy Birthday Debbie!!! You're an awesome Mama. I have fond memories of your fresh baked bread and Sunday family meals (that you were so kind to let me be a part of), I miss being near you guys. Sending you a BIG Texan hug. xoxo

(and Jess, I can't wait to see your house after Matt's finished!!!!)
Christy said…
happy birthday Debbie! Glad you had a nice weekend friend!
Kelly said…
Sounds like a fun birthday for your mom. You guys have the exact same smile. :)
Rhonda said…
Happy Birthday Debbie!

I can't get Molly to look at the camera these days either. And when she does, she is moving so quickly that hardly anything is in focus.
Anonymous said…
Aww, I love that beautiful photo of your mom! I feel so blessed to have had her in my life during such important years! What an impact both of your parents made in my life! Tell her happy birthday and that I love her!

-Melissa
you and your mom have the same beautiful smile!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard