A rainbow after the rain

Friday was one of those horrible rotten no good days that you just want to forget and put behind you.

Thankfully the weekend that followed was much better. Saturday morning I went to a decorating party. It's always fun to get out and be with ladies :)

Afterwards my mom took Ethan for the afternoon and Matt and I got to spend it out together. We went to P.F. Chang's at Victoria Gardens and had a lovely meal...with grown up conversation and everything :) We then strolled around Victoria Gardens and I didn't end up buying a thing. I really wasn't in a shopping mood, but enjoyed just being out. We then went over to Bass Pro. I had never been there and I was quite amazed. That place is HUGE. The only thing I ended up buying was some pepper spray to keep in my stroller when I go out walking. We got back to my mom's and fed Ethan his dinner and then headed home to put him to bed. It was so nice to spend the afternoon alone with Matt and the weather was gorgeous. Ethan had a blast at my mom's and she wore him out good letting him run up and down the trail that is right next to her house. He ended up taking a 2 1/2 hour nap for her (which he never does for me).

Sunday we got to go to church together again for the second week in a row. We even got nine hours of sleep because we went to bed extra early trying to make up for the time change. After church we had lunch with Matt's parents at the Kopper Kettle (one of our favorite local joints). We came home and took naps. Later on we went over to my mom's and hung out. She was planting some spring flowers and so I made dinner. It was nice and relaxing.

I was very grateful to have such a nice weekend, especially after such a tough day on Friday. Matt and I are so very blessed to have such wonderful family.

Comments

The Keilers said…
You are so fortunate to have both of your family's so near (well and not to mention that you like being around them;). I've wanted to know for months now, what do you order at Kopper Kettle? You guys love that place and I'm curious what it makes it so yummy...do tell...
Jessica said…
Okay Crystal... here is what I usually order (if I'm in the mood for lunch): yesterday it was a mushroom swiss burger with fries and a diet coke. Sometimes I get a turkey ortega melt (again with fries... do you see a pattern there). They also have tons of great food for breakfast, but we usually end up going at lunch time. They are just a little mom and pop place and they make their own bread, jam, salsa, etc. They just have yummy food :) Does that help your curiosity? :)
Anonymous said…
such a sweet sounding weekend!

-melissa
Patty said…
Sorry Friday was such a poopy poop day! The rest of your weekend sounds wonderful. Glad it had a happy ending!
Christy said…
sorry Friday was so yuck but glad you had a better weekend.
Kelly said…
Yes, I was blown away when we first went to the Bass shop. I wasn't too excited seeing as fishing is not my thing. :) You should take Ethan there next time. The fish tank, many bridges and shooting range thing are fun. Now I'm curious also about this Kopper Kettle place. Mmmm...
Crystal said…
YES! Thanks for the details, I love knowing stuff like that :). I've seen the Kopper Kettle off of the 10 (I think it's the 10) and I've always wondered what it was, now I know :). I love "dive" places like that, it's fun to eat good "bad for you" food once and a while :).


I wish I lived there and could join you sometime :(.
Brigitte said…
Oh, sorry to hear Friday was so bad. Typical Monday for me. After a weekend of adult company, Monday can always seem lonely. I love PF Changs...have you guys ever tried Benjarong in Redlands on New York Street. Really great food too. Have a super week.
Heather Hekman said…
Glad you and Matt had some relaxing couple time. That's great.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

My silly girl...