Randomness from my week

  • Ethan has transitioned from two naps to one. His morning nap time was my "computer time". Him not napping in the morning has meant that I hardly get any time in front of the computer, since he throws a major fit if I'm sitting here on the computer and not paying attention to him. By the time his afternoon nap rolls around I don't feel like sitting in front of the computer. Usually I'm trying to nap myself these days. Hopefully I won't need an afternoon nap for much longer since I am not in my second trimester
  • Speaking of my second trimester I still have that darn nausea, but I think it's starting to gradually get better. I at least have a few good days here and there.
  • I am LOVING the gorgeous spring weather. We have been spending the majority of our days outside. In fact Ethan is outside right now, which is the only reason I can blog :) He literally wants to be outside from the moment he wakes up until he goes to bed. I suppose that's certainly better than sitting in front of the TV. I enjoy being outside myself.
  • I made it to the gym two times this week. I hadn't been all winter. Mostly it was because Ethan was sick most of the time, and then I got pregnant and was sick myself and did not feel like going to the gym. While I do still feel nauseous, it seems to go away when I work out. Mostly I just love the time to myself. I listen to my Ipod and don't have to watch over my little monkey. With Ethan not needing a morning nap anymore, making it to the gym is MUCH easier. I've just been going in the morning, when he was napping :)
  • Ethan loves the park. I have taken him to the Community park near our house and he LOVES to play up on the equipment and go down the slides. It makes me a little nervous because the boy has no fear, so I try to be right next to him at all times.
  • Everyone should have a plumber's snake. Ours came in handy yesterday when the garage sink got all backed up. It also saved us from having to call a plumber!
  • Cleaning is SO hard with Ethan around. He literally doubles or even triples the amount of time it takes me to clean. He is underfoot and into everything I am trying to clean. Last night I cleaned while he was playing outside and then finished when he went to bed and it was amazing how much quicker I was able to finish!
  • Last night I woke up at 4:30 to go to the bathroom and never could go back to sleep. That is SO irritating! I am really tired today. I wish I still liked coffee (since being pregnant i can't even stand to smell it) because I could sure use a pick me up this morning!
  • Today we're off to the park to meet up with the mom's group from church, then my brother is going to bring me lunch (he just returned from a 10 day trip in Ireland), then tonight our dear friends Danny and Jolene are coming over for dinner :)
  • I don't have any pictures to share, I haven't taken any.

Comments

Kelly said…
Oh man, I am going to miss my (their) morning nap time. I try to get dinner ready, clean, shower and a little computer time as well. I guess it is a positive that you get to go to the gym!

I hope you start feeling better soon. I just looked at your ticker and couldn't believe you are already 15 weeks! Crazy!
The Keilers said…
I've been wondering why your posts are scare this week, now i know ;). But yea for exercise!!!

I've heard from so many women that coffee is "gross" to them during pregnancy (I pray for the same thing for me too, cause it's a tough habit to break ;).

I love that you're hanging with Danny and Jolene tonight. I know I say this every time, but I WISH I WAS CLOSER! I miss you both. xoxoxoxo
Kelly said…
Yes, it is a sad day when you lose a nap. At least he'll still be young enough to require a nap at all once baby comes! It must be so hard to have a non-napping kid when you have your 2nd child. Cam may only give me 1 hour a day...but that 1 hour is so recharging for me!
Rhonda said…
I am soooo with you about getting things done with a little one. I have to pick one task a day to focus on or I won't get anything done, because Molly needs me. And when it comes to cleaning, she is usually making a bigger mess behind me. It seems my picking up toys reminds her that she has more toys to go get. They are only this way once though and it is for such a short time. So I try to savor the moments and learn to be satisfied with a little messiness every now and then.
Go you on getting to the gym.
That is waaayyyy more than I have been able to accomplish.
I do get on my bike a few times a week. I have a child seat and Molly LOVES to go for rides.
Annette said…
Hey Jess, (and you other young moms out there), even though E has given up his nap, you don't have to give up a 1/2 hour or so of mom time. I used to use "room time" (not to be confused with time-out!) where I put him in the playpen or his room with books or toys ( you can even save special toys for just this time) and set the timer for 30 minutes or so. Then I'd go to another room where I could hear if I was needed, but out of sight.
If he pitched a fit, I'd go to the door and re-assure him, but not give in until the timer went ding. You could start with 5-10 minutes and work up if you need to.
The object is to train your child to be able to occupy himself contentedly for a short period of time. It's life-saving when you establish this early, and you can use it even after they give up afternoon nap. We had "room" or "quiet" time after lunch until the kids were 5. Saved my sanity!
That's my "Auntie Annette" advice for the day. Hope it's helpful.
Christy said…
Nausea is the worst, I'm sorry friend. I hear the weahte is going to be amazing this weekend so I hope you enjoy your time outside wiht your family. :)
I wish Lucy ever took two naps a day. She stopped that I think at 5 or 6 months!!! :) You know you can get the sex checked of the baby now....hehehe
krista said…
I am jealous that you made it this long to two naps :) Madyson was like Lucy and stopped looong ago. I actually like her napping sched now though. I'm with you on the cleaning thing too...It's really hard to get anything cleaned lately.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard