Mother's Day at the beach

Today we went to Newport beach to hang out for Mother's Day. It was what I wanted to do :) Since Ethan woke up at 5:30 today (happy Mother's day to me huh? Matt was a good hubby and got up with him and then dealt with his extreme crankiness all morning), he slept the entire way there. We made it down there about 10:30. We found a free parking spot and set up our stuff in a very uncrowded part of the beach, it was really nice. The marine layer was quite thick but it was still pleasant. It burned off around noon and turned into a beautiful day. Ethan wasn't sure what to make of the sand and was a little crabby due to cutting another eye tooth. He still managed to have fun and get nice and sandy :) It was actually a pretty relaxing day, even with a toddler.


He wasn't too sure what to make of the ocean, especially since the water was quite cold. He ran in and out a few times but that's about it.


This is what happens when you give a toddler a snack while he's playing in the sand... yum. I guess his veggie chips were extra crunchy :)
playing in the water

Ethan had a lot of fun watching all the seagulls. They were flying over him and he kept pointing up at them.
He enjoyed scooping sand into his bucket.

This is the face of a little boy who is cutting another eye tooth and not too happy about it :)
We packed up our gear and put it back into the car around 1:30. We put Ethan into his stroller and enjoyed a leisurely walk down to the pier, had some ice cream, and enjoyed walking around. It was such a beautiful day. I love the beach :) We ended up leaving at 3:00, which is longer than I thought we would stay. Ethan napped on the way home for a while, but was still tired when we got home so he went back to sleep in his crib and is still sleeping. The best part about the drive today was that we hit absolutely NO traffic :) yay!

I hope all you hard working mama's have had a lovely mother's day and felt very loved and special :)

Comments

Christy said…
Poor boy, teeth hurt huh? I am glad you had a nice day with your family. You guys all look great! So fun. We LOVE the beach. :)
Crystal said…
You're so quick at posting these things! Very cute whiny face. I wish a beach was a drive away from us, HOW FUN! (that's one of the reasons I'm never tan these days;).
Tawny said…
That sounds like a lovely Mother's Day to me! The marine layer actually makes for some nice pictures, they turned out great! Happy Mother's Day!
Kelly said…
One time Chris peeked over my blog and said, "Gosh, who is that kid? He could be a little Gap kid!" I agree...especially in the pics he looks like quite the Calfornia boy. Very cute. :)
Genn said…
Those were very cute beach pictures. Your poor little guy and his teeth. I HATE teething.

Hope you had a nice Mother's Day.

Your table from your brunch looks so pretty.
Jessica said…
haha, thanks Kelly. We were joking that he looks like way more of a beach bum than we do with that blond hair and those blue eyes :)
Amy said…
Looks like a fun day. Ethan looks soooo blonde in all of your pictures. They all turned out great!
Rhonda said…
What a cutie he is. Sorry to hear he's not feeling well. I will pray for you guys.
Eileen said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eileen said…
Such cute images of the beach!!! I removed my comment above because I meant to put it on another post. (It's been awhile since I've been able to read everybody's posts and I'm trying to catch up!!!)

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard