San Diego Zoo

Saturday we packed up a lunch and went to the San Diego Zoo. Matt and I hadn't been since we were kids, and it was Ethan's first time. My mom came along with us as well. We had such a fun day and saw so many animals. While it was a bit warm there, it was no where near the nasty 106 degree humid heat we had at home. We walked ALL over the park, took the tram and even took the bus around once. I definitely got my exercise. It wasn't bad though since they have so much shade. Of course I have tons of pictures to share :)

This is when we first got there, we were in front of the Orangutan exhibit.

Ethan and Daddy checking out the orangutans.

They were right up against the glass, and Ethan didn't quite understand that there was a barrier between us, so he was pretty timid at first.


Next we headed over to the gorillas and Ethan loved them. There was a little baby that was playing right up against the glass, it was so cute.

He was putting his tongue on the glass and playing all around. Ethan got a kick out of him.


Ethan enjoying a treat
The tigers
We were excited to see the pandas... none of us had ever seen pandas before.

The polar bear

The giraffes were right up against the fence, it was fun to get close to them

Ethan did great all day. Amazingly he only took one short 30 minute nap in his stroller. We thought for sure he'd fall asleep on the way home, but nope... he stayed awake until we came home and got him into bed around 8:00.
After we left the zoo we went and had an early dinner at the Karl Strauss Brewery in Down Town San Diego. We headed home around 6:00. It was such a fun day, and it was fun to see Ethan enjoy looking at all the animals. When we got home it was much hotter here than it had been all day in San Diego. We wished we could bring the nice weather home with us!

Comments

Charlee said…
We love the zoo! Looks like you had a great time. The kids always seem to like the primates the best.
TLOdenbaugh said…
I love the zoo and Karl Strauss.... those were two of my most favorite things to do in San Diego... too bad we can't all just pick up and move there!
Patty said…
Oh how fun! I have never been to the SD zoo. Isn't that pathetic? I need to go! Looks like you had a great time. Perfect time to go too with it being so stinkin' HOT here!
Genn said…
What a fun day. I want to take our girls there too. Jake & I went once a long time ago and it was so hot the day we were there that we didn't stay long enough to see anything neat. Great pictures.
krista said…
What a fun day! Glad you were able to escape the heat and that Ethan did well!
Noreen said…
You guys were so lucky to see the orangutangs up so close! Sounds like you had a fun day!
Amanda said…
What a fun day!

I am really commenting to say that I saw you today at Kohl's in the toddler section! I felt too silly to come up and say, "Hi, I read your blog" so I didn't. I thought I'd comment you instead. I just thought it was funny to see a blog I read "in real life" haha...cuz most of the ones I read are in other states, I think. Maybe you saw me too? I was the mama pushing around the limo of a double stroller with my 2 sweet babies in it. :) Probably not, you looked like you were on a mission to get in and get out! :)
Christy said…
I LOVE the zoo. We need to take the girls back this fall.
Anonymous said…
The pictures turned out great. It was such a fun day! Love Mom
Leslie said…
hey... if you went to SD zoo for the day... where are you from? Im in OC.. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard

My silly girl...