I love having a child, I really do. However there are certain things that I never really appreciated before having a child. When these things do happen now, I DEFINITELY appreciate them. Here are some things I never thought of as luxuries before having a child:
- long, uninterrupted showers that don't have to be crammed in during nap time or rushed while my toddler plays in the bathroom and pounds on the shower door.
- reading. I still read, but not near as often as I used to. Many times on Sundays Matt and I would sit in front of the fire in our chairs and read for hours on end.
- leisure meals. Taking my time to eat and enjoying a good conversation with someone else while I eat.
- leisure shopping trips where I take as long as I want and try on clothes when I feel like it.
- cleaning. Yes I know this sounds odd, but what I miss is cleaning my house quickly without interruptions and not having to keep someone else entertained while I try to clean.
- sleeping in. I would even be excited if I got to sleep until 7:00, that my friends is sleeping in these days.
- watching TV when I feel like it. These days I can only watch TV when Ethan is asleep.
- spontaneous and frequent dates with my hubby