technical difficulties

Just so you know I am aware that my blog looks all funky.  I tried to update it and ended up with this mess.  I haven't had time to play around and try to fix it yet, so please bear with me :)  If anyone knows how I can fix it please share!

Last night I got an amazing 7 1/2 hours of sleep (with a feeding for the baby in the middle), but still, 7 1/2 hours added up with me only having to get up once is really good.  That is a lot for me these days (and just to think back in the day before kids I used to get 8 to 9 hours, oh my, I can't even imagine how great that would feel now). 

Anyhow, I woke up feeling so great today and decided to tackle my huge to-do list.  I got my very filthy house cleaned, did three loads of laundry AND got it all put away, made a pot roast in the crock pot, and made a very yummy dessert for tomorrow night's weekly dinner with friends.  This was all done before noon!  Woo hoo!  It definitely helped that my children were very good this morning, which allowed me to bust a move.  I have to say it felt good to be so productive and get all my chores out of the way for the week.  After cleaning we enjoyed a lovely lunch outside in the sunshine.  I even got to rest for an hour while the kid's afternoon naps overlapped.  It was a great day :) 

Comments

Nikki said…
I love days like that!! I have been trying to have productive days since I know things will change once the baby is here...
Tawny said…
Yeah for sleep!!! I'm SO happy for you! It is amazing what that can do for you right?
Your blog. I can try to help. What I did to mine looks kinda similar to what you are trying to do to yours? I think you need to put it on Minima Stretch? Then your posts will stretch and even out. I think your header needs to shrink to fit? You might already know all this...let me know if you want me to help. You have helped me with so much, I need to return the favor :)
Genn said…
Glad you had a nice and productive day. I LOVE those.

Your header looks good, it just needs to be size adjusted. :) Like Tawny suggested, when you upload it, maybe make sure that shrink to fit is selected. If you are trying to change the look of your whole blog, changing your template to Minimia Stretch will do that trick. And that might take care of your header too, but I'm not sure.

Good luck with the technical difficulties. I'm not very technical myself.
Genn said…
Oooh, just thought of one more thing... if you made your header on picasa, when you click to Export it, did you adjust the size to 1024?
Rhonda said…
So glad you had a great day.
Good luck with the blog. I know you will figure it out. I'm no good at fixing by just looking at it. But as suggested, it seems that the header wasn't sized correctly. Your template should tell you what size the header should be made at. It's in the html code and if you need me to find out exactly where you should look I can look it up for you. There are a couple of great websites out there with all that info and I just follow their instructions when I am working on a blog.
Jessica said…
Oh thank you ladies, I fixed it! Now i Just need to go into Picasa and make my header the right size... thanks for telling me what size Genn :)
Kelly said…
Wow. How were you able to clean and do laundry (with or without sleep?) It takes me so long to get anything done with the girls. I am thankful because that means they are healthy, toddlers but getting work done is hard!

Hopefully the sleep continues!!!

No help for the blog. I am still trying to figure out why mine makes the pictures funky :(
Kelly said…
HOORAY FOR GOOD SLEEP!!!!
Christy said…
It looks all better on my end friend. I am SO glad you got sleep and felt productive. Isnt that fun! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard