Bows are for boys too.... right?

While at Target today I bought some bows for Alayna.  I figured her hair was starting to grow and that maybe soon she'd be able to wear some bows.  When we got home I tried putting one in her hair.  Ethan thought the bows looked really pretty, and being two decided he wanted to wear bows in his hair too.  He got all the other bows out of the package and had me put them in his hair.  He went and looked in the mirror and decided he liked them, so he took the one bow that Alayna had in her hair, and put that one in his hair as well.  He though he looked very "pretty".  I really couldn't help but chuckle.  Wouldn't you?


It really was pretty funny.  You can't blame a two year old for thinking that bows look like fun.  I mean, they are pretty cool, right?  No worries, he tired of them after a few minutes.  I'm glad I snapped a few pictures to document the event.  These are what you pull out when they are teenagers and bring home a date.... right?  :)

Here is a video clip of my little boy with his bows.

Untitled from Jessica Hekman on Vimeo.

Comments

Tawny said…
Priceless! You SO need to keep those for his dates :)
Genn said…
Hilarious!

My Mom used to babysit my cousin Don (you might have read my blog post about him when he got married), and when we were little my sister and I used to put all our bows and clips in his hair. I don't know if he loved it though, but he was outnumbered.
Christy said…
Oh ya' good times! :)
Kelly said…
Beautiful!! Just fabulous. :) p.s. Don't you hate it how they never have red in those bow sets?
Charlee said…
Hillarious!!! Breven always tries to wear Aubrees you should see him with the giant flower on his head!
Tonda said…
My sons do the same thing and I have to chase them down while they yell "but I look pretty Mommy!"
The Keilers said…
Between beads and bows, we've got trouble on our hands ;).
Jolene Grace said…
Beads, bows and high heels. Oh dear Ethan, you are soo pretty! ;-) I LOVE LOVE LOVE these pics (and the video). Your little Ethan is precious.
Mark Leonard said…
You know these are going to be part of his HS graduation slideshow. Poor Ethan.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard