It's already March!
- Last night I made this Pioneer Woman recipe for dinner. It was very yummy... and subsequently probably not great for my hips :) However it wasn't very hard to make. I will definitely make it again. I added 2 chicken breasts to the recipe, which we liked.
- I should not have blogged about getting a good night of sleep the other week because it's gone down hill from there big time. The most sleep I've gotten in the past week was last night, when I got 5 1/2 hours. Alayna went down at 7:00 and then woke up at 10:00, so we tried letting her cry it out. After about 30 minutes she seemed like she was asleep. But then she started up again and screamed. After 15 more minutes I gave in and went and got her. She ate and then slept from 11:00 until 4:30. I've created a bad habit with her because she likes to eat herself to sleep. So.... we're gonna have to work on that. I'll try letting her cry it out again here one of these nights. For some reason it just pulls at my heart even more than when Ethan was a baby. The bummer thing is when both kids wake up a couple of times a night, that makes for hardly any sleep.
- Last Thursday I had mom's night out at Claim Jumper. They have the best happy hour. I love their mini pizzas and the halibut fish tacos (amongst many other things). Plus, you can't beat their happy hour prices. I love that their bar area is huge and they usually have tables available. I think claim Jumper is my favorite place to go to happy hour.
- You know you're a mom when your son sits on you and you notice he's peed through his diaper because your pants are a little wet. You go and change him and get him dressed. You're in a hurry to leave so you look at your pants and think.... I really don't care, they're just a little wet and they don't smell bad, they will dry. Then you leave without having changed. Yeah, I'm classy like that.
- This morning I planned a park day for my mom's group at church. No one from my church showed up, but my friend Marissa came with her kids. It ended up being great and we had a great time talking for almost two and a half hours while our kids played really well. Yay for the moms getting to talk to another adult, and yay for the kids getting to run around and have fun :)