Monday, October 11, 2010

My 29th Birthday

I celebrated my 29th birthday on October 5th. Since Matt had to go to Texas for the week and left on my birthday, we celebrated on the evening before. My mom came over to babysit and we went to the Beer dinner at our favorite restaurant, The Farm in Redlands.  Danny and Jolene met us there and we had a lovely dinner.  We ate delicious foods, sampled 8 different German beers and got to visit with no kiddos underfoot.  I had a fabulous time.

Here we are on our way out to door to dinner.


I wore the new high heels I treated myself to for my birthday. 
I felt so pretty in them.
I haven't bought a new pair of high heels in years. 
I normally wear flats or flip flops.
But these shoes.....they make me feel sexy :)



On my actual birthday Matt left at 10:30 am for Texas and I was home with the kids.  I took them to the park and we did our normal routine.  My mom was super sweet and came over after work with sushi for me to eat for dinner, cake, a balloon, party hats and treats so that we could have a "birthday party" for me.  I felt very loved.




Ethan thought it was a lot of fun.
He espcially enjoyed the cake :)


The best part of the whole day was the gift I received.
My mom called my mother in law over and they gave me the gift they bought me while they were on their trip to New York last month.
It's something I've wanted for years but just not something I would ever buy myself....

A Tiffany bracelet :)
How fun is that!
I thought it was super sweet.
I was very surprised and it totally made my day.
I love it!

Now I'm in my last year of my twenties!

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

CUTE shoes!
Glad you had a great birthday.

Patty said...

Looks like you had a fun birthday, Jess! I recently bought a pair of heels for myself too and I love wearing them. Like you, I hadn't worn a pair in a long time! Love the bracelet! What a sweet thing of your mom and MIL to do.

Kelly said...

Love the high heals!! So cute and how fun to feel less mommy'ish for a night. :) And BEAUTIFUL bracelet! Happy belated birthday!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday, Jess! Now I really feel old...well into my thirties! Glad you felt special even though Matt was out of town.

Genn said...

Welcome to the last year of your twenties! Happy Birthday!

Cute new shoes.
Pretty new bracelet. My Grandma bought me my first Tiffany necklace and bracelet from NY a few years ago, and at the time I didn't even know what that little blue box meant!!

Ps- also congrats on your new friends. Mr Dishwasher and Mr Icemaker are handy to have around. :)

jo said...

Happy belated bday Jess! Have a great year cuz 30's well.............I'll leave it at that!!! haha

Crystal said...

So sweet. And how fun that you guys got to go on a double date =). German beer...beer has been one of my cravings lately. When we were in the Anchorage airport I ordered a non-alcoholic beer and drank it out of the bottle...these people looked at me all wrong. Like "why is that pregnant woman drinking alcohol?" It was funny ;).