Just Breathe

Life has been a tad crazy for me lately.
I've hardly had a chance to breathe.
I've been staying up way too late, and waking up way too early.
Last week I had FIVE photoshoots in one week.
Yup... five.
I've pretty much been working a full time job with my little business the past couple of weeks,
while still being a full time stay at home mom.
To say I'm tired is an understatement :)
I'm loving this.... really I am...
but I think I need a little break.
I haven't really had a day "off"... in a few weeks.

Now, don't get me wrong.
I am VERY grateful for the business.
I really am not complaining about it.
Experiencing my little business grow as it has so quickly, has been a huge blessing.
I'm LOVING it.
However, I'm looking just a little forward to when things slow down in January and I can do a few of my projects around the house :)
Decorating and crafting and pretty much anything extra has come to a halt while I've been so busy recently.
I need to get my little nest in order and finish decorating.

I've slacked off on our own family stuff big time lately.
We won't be sending out Christmas cards this year because I don't have any recent family pictures of us that I like, so I haven't made cards, and frankly I just don't have the energy or time to do it. 
Is that bad?
I figure everyone who knows me reads my blog anyhow :)
Maybe New Years cards?
Maybe nothing :)
I'm okay with that for now.

I do have most of my Christmas gifts purchased.  They are all heaped in my laundry room waiting to be wrapped :)  I might delegate most of the wrapping to Matt this year.  For some reason that has always been one part of Christmas that I really do not enjoy.  I'm really a sloppy wrapper.

So, my goal during the next few weeks is to:
-prioritize (who cares if my bathrooms are clean)
-slow down and breathe
-bake some Christmas goodies
-Just enjoy life as we prepare to celebrate the birth of our Savior.

Speaking of celebrating Christ's birth... I'm loving talking about it with Ethan this year.  He understands so much more, and it really is sweet....
oh so sweet.
We've been playing with our Little People Natvity and reinacting the Christmas story for him.
Precious.

I'll leave you with a picture from this past weekend...
My mom came over to babysit on Saturday evening so that Matt and I could go out to dinner with one of his business associates who was in town visiting from back East.
Him and his wife took us to our favorite restaurant, The Farm.
Here is a couple of pictures of us before we left (taken with our point and shoot camera).




Oh... and I'm shooting my first wedding tomorrow!
Yippee!
Very exciting :)
And... I booked a big one for next year!

Comments

krista said…
Hang in there...life has been crazy here too. Huge and pregnant...working full time...and being a stay at home mom all at once. Oh my. I'm constantly beat.
Congratulations on your first wedding!!! Good luck- I know you will do great though- can't wait to see your shots!!!
Nikki said…
So excited you have been so busy!!! I know I am very excited for you take our pictures soon... I will say that I am bummed to not get a card this year lol. Can't wait to see the wedding pictures! And breathing is good, so don't forget to do that!
Kelly said…
Good luck on the wedding shoot! So exciting!
Christy said…
I hear ya' girl. Hang in there. Deep breaths. :)
Genn said…
Just breathe is a good thing to remind ourselves once in a while. I imagine this month is pretty insane trying to do so many photo shoots on top of the other business that this month involves. Hang in there.
Rhonda said…
November & December are my busiest months. I have 3 more shoots this week and than a breather - ahhhh. That is why we sent out Spring cards last year :)
Congrats on the weddings. How did the first one go for you? They are A LOT of work. After I finished my first wedding I said to myself, "no wonder photographers charge so much for this stuff."
I'm really excited for you!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

My silly girl...