Crafty makeovers

Yesterday during my kids' nap time I got to work on a couple of projects I had floating around in my mind.

I took one of my old frames (that I picked up for a few bucks at a thrift store),
spray painted it black,
cut out cardboard to put in the back,
covered it with the same red velvet as I used to recover my sewing desk chair,
then I used push pins to put ribbon on the board.
It can hold whatever I want it to... pictures, papers, reminders :)
I love that I was able to incorporate some more of that vibrant red.


I also spray painted this cute little metal basket.
It was another thrift store find :)
I will probably use it to hold my sewing scraps.



The last thing I did was to find a way to display the pictures from my Christmas cards.
In yeas past I have put them all on my fridge,
but ever since moving I love the sleek look of an uncluttered fridge, and don't hang anything on it.
I borrowed part of an idea from my friend Jolene in displaying my pictures this year.
I cut out all of the pictures from my Christmas cards,
and hung them on some twine I tacked to the wall behind my washer and dryer.
I love that I can now look at my friends and family and pray for them while I do laundry :)


Photobucket

Comments

Jessica said…
Those are awesome crafts!I love finding goodies at the thrift store and re-purposing them.
Jolene Grace said…
I just love your idea with the frame. So darn creative! Really cute basket too. Isn't it fun to get all DIY / Crafty? You rock!
Stacy said…
Love the style of that frame.. you are making me want to hit some thrift stores :-)
Very cute Jess! You're reminding me that i still need to post pics for a project I blogged about awhile back. I love you're vibrant colors-it reminds me of the fun whimsy colors of Martha Greens Eatery.
Jessy said…
Love it all!
I have one picture of family friends in my laundry room, along with some pics I took of Bobby in high school during baseball practice....and some of Ginger Rogers' shoes. My laundry room is such a hodgepodge of stuff to look at - kinda the place to put things up that I can't imagine where else in the house I can put them! BUT I LOVE your idea with the Christmas card pictures!!!! My stack is sitting here staring at me...THAT is what they want done with them!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

My silly girl...