Ready for tomorrow

I titled this post "Ready for Tomorrow" because I am finished with today.
It's been a rough day.
One of those days where I was low on patience....
yelled at my kids way too much....
felt like a total looser of a mom...
and was in tears by the end of the day (and honestly... throughout it).

I got off to the day on the wrong foot,
my kids were extra naughty and needy and whiny,
and the day just got worse from there.

Mama needed a time out more than the kids.

Do you ever have those days?
I know you do :)
As I was whining/crying/venting to my husband,
and totally beating myself up about my short comings,
I started thinking...
I get the chance to start over again tomorrow.
My Savior forgives me...
He wipes my slate clean.
He lets me have the chance to hang up my failures and start over again fresh every day.
How amazing is that?
It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

My kids will wake up tomorrow and love me just as much as they always do,
even though I fell short as a mom today.
My Lord loves me as much as he ALWAYS does,
even though I failed miserably today... as I do every day really,
because NO ONE is perfect.
I get the chance to wake up tomorrow,
learn from today,
and make the most of what I'm given.

I'm humbled,
and oh so grateful that I get a clean slate every day.
I pray I make the most of it.

Lamentations 3:22-23
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness."




Photobucket

Comments

Christine said…
Awesome thoughts on the matter...I too think of those times when I just slam the door shut, yell goodnight to the kids and have a good cry. I feel horrible about my day, my temper, etc. But then My kids...the next day...it's like they forget. It makes it that much easier to start fresh.

Here's hoping to a Joyful tomorrow (right now)
Charlee said…
I felt like that in your shoes a lot with Breven as a child even more so. Ihave to say that PCIT at Christian Counseling Services(which was free by the way paid for by the county) was the best thing I ever did for us as a family! I yell lesss, I play more and I am better able to keep it all together most days.

But so you know we have all been there and you are not the only mom to need a time out!

Have a better Wednesday
Leslie said…
nodding.. yes the posts are too similar.... too too smilar.
Ditto! :) You are so precious Jess! Love ya!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

My silly girl...