Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pinterest

Have you heard of Pinterest?
It's changed my life...
seriously.
I know that sounds silly, but let me explain...

It's basically a site where you visually bookmark anything you've come across online.
You create "boards" and then when you come across a yummy recipe, a craft you want to create, something you want to do with your kids, a DIY project you want to emulate ...
you "pin" it to one of your boards.
The "pin" is basically a bookmark to that website, but with a picture, which makes it visual.
You can also browse other people's boards and "re-pin" things they pinned.

I've found this to be EXTREMLY useful.
I so often read blogs and come across ideas I want to remember...
things I want to emulate, or things that give me inspiration...
but then I forget where I saw it.
Now I have all of my "want to dos" in one place...
and it looks so pretty!
This is just a general picture, these are not my boards

This week I felt like sewing one day.
I pulled up my "want to sew" board and found a project I had pinned.
It was perfect.
I love having all of my inspiration in one place.
I also love being able to see what inspires my friends.
It's SO MUCH FUN.
I'm in love.

If you want to join, you have to request an invitation..
which can take a few days or weeks to be approved.
If you're super anxious like I was, just leave me your e-mail address in a comment and I can send you an invite, which allows you to join right away.

Happy pinning!!!!
This will rock your world :)


Photobucket

15 comments:

krista said...

Isn't it great? I am LOVING it too. Just wish I had a bit of time to create some of the stuff I want to make! :) Someday...

Stacy said...

that looks great.. I always forgot where I saw something unless I add another blog to my loooong list. I'd love an invite... snsyo@aol.com.. thanks Jessica :-)

Carly said...

Sounds like fun. May I have an invite please? carlysphotography@gmail.com
Thanks.

Amanda said...

I want to do this, but I need an invite? Will you invite me?

Aphisrose@yahoo.com

Thank you! :)

Kelly said...

SUCH a great idea!!! I've often thought of creating a Word document for this type of thing!

Brenda said...

Invite please!
statbratb@yahoo.com

Audrey said...

Hi Jessica could you please invite me? My e-mail- wahekmansr@msn.com thanks,Audrey

The Allen Family said...

Hey-I saw you and Krista talking about it on FB-but when I checked it out I didn't get the whole point. Thanks for explaining! I did request an invite and am still waiting, but since your handing them out-I'd love one! :) Thanks!

erinroseallen@gmail.com

Love ya! xoxo

The Sherman Four said...

me me meeee please Jessica!!!! girlforgod27@aol.com

Heather said...

Id love to try it!
heatheralangley@gmail.com

Amy said...

Hi Jessica... I want to tr it. It sounds really cool. kima03@aol.com

The Writer said...

would love an invite...
wavesnsand4us@gmail.com

Thanks!

Faithy said...

Yes please...faithy.oates@verizon.net

The C's said...

So... we all want one! Do you need separate email addresses?
love ya! Annette, Emily, and Amanda

susanmarie said...

can I be invited?

susanmarietweedy@yahoo.com

Thank you!