Monday, April 18, 2011

Random tidbits and a recipe

*I've been a major slacker in posting pictures on my blog lately. I have lots that I've taken, I just haven't posted them.  I've had a busy month with my photography business (yay), which in turn means I'm sitting at the computer a lot working, and then I don't have time to blog.

Ethan loves to climb in the crib with Alayna


*Matt was out of town last week and so I guess my body figured that would be a great time to come down with a nasty cold.  Ethan also decided it would be a great week to not nap and be really really difficult.  I think you probably get the picture.... it was a long week :)  I've been super bummed that I have felt too rotten to go to the gym... I was making good progress!  Hopefully I'll feel good enough to go by the end of the week.
one of my attempts to join in on more photos.... I set my camera on a shelf and used the timer.... so not flattering, but oh well :)


*Here are a few recent pictures of bath time....



*This weekend I had photoshoots in Irvine, Los Angeles and Yucaipa.  I was all over the place.  The shoot in LA was at the LACMA.  Sadly that was the first time I've ever even been there, and I didn't even get to look at the art.  I think I need to go back to look around one day, it was a really cool place. I actually hadn't even been to LA since I was pregnant with Ethan.

*On Sunday at church all the little kids got to come into the "big church" and wave flags and palm branches at the beginning of the service while we sang a song.  This was Ethan's first time being up on stage and we had prepped him (because he gets VERY overwhelmed with things like that) several times.  He was a little confused and unsure of himself, but was going along with things.... until he accidentally got poked in the face with a flag.  Then he lost it... screamed big time.  I had to go up to the front of the church and get him. Ethan is one of the loudest criers/screamers I have ever heard, and this was no exception :)  When something happens to him like that, he also takes FOREVER to get over it.  He refused to go back to his Sunday school class after the kids were finished and ended up sitting with us in church.  Hopefully this won't make him forever fearful of performing :) 

*This was like a month ago before Tuesday night dinner one week (that we were hosting)... we were playing with my timer....






*Yesterday afternoon I made frozen hot chocolate.  It was super yummy.  I found two recipes and tweaked them.  Here's what I did:











  • 3 oz. of chocolate chips
  • 1 T oil
  • 1 envelope store bought hot chocolate mix
  • 1  tablespoons sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 3 cups ice
  • Whipped cream (optional)
  • Chocolate shavings (optional)
Place the chocolate chips and the oil  into a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 1 minutes, stopping to stir half way through. Continue to heat until melted and smooth.  Add the cocoa and sugar, stirring constantly until thoroughly blended. Remove from heat and slowly add 1/2 cup of the milk and stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
In a blender place the remaining cup of milk, the room temperature chocolate mixture, and the ice. Blend on high speed until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri. Pour into a cup and top with homemade whipped cream and chocolate shavings.



I'm off to Target to buy supplies for an Easter Egg hunt I'm hosting this week for my mom's group from church.   Hopefully I'll be back sooner than later :)
Hope you all have a great week!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

jo said...

made this one today for my girl--she loved it!