Sunday, May 15, 2011

Randoms

These two....
drive me crazy and melt my heart all at the same time :)
I really do adore them.
I bribed them with candy to get them to take this picture.


This was the first time I'd ever gotten ALL of Alayna's hair into piggies,
that's a milestone worthy of documenting in my book :)
It's no where near perfect, but I thought it was cute.



A glimpse at the time out corner....
I think Ethan looks a little too comfy here.
Granted, he does spend an awful lot of time in this spot :)


We spent our Saturday tearing out our dead lawn,
rototilling and raking up all the grass (we did this two times).
Then Matt got 3 cubic yards of compost that he wheelbarrowed out
(it took 20 wheelbarrow trips to get it all out).
Let me tell you, this was nasty,dusty, filthy, backbreaking work.
It didn't help that my allergies were insane and I felt miserable while working so hard.
We still have to till in the compost, fix some sprinklers then prepare the dirt and get it all nice and smooth so that we can plant seed.
This is all a lot of work, and not for the faint of heart.
If you do this for a living... 
kudos to you!

Here was part of the lawn before we took it out.

Afterwards with the compost ready to spread.
And, we'll keep on trucking along!
I just keep picturing the nice lush green lawn we'll have :)

We're off to Legoland in the morning, this will be the first time for both of my kids.
G'night!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Jhen.Stark said...

Those pigtails are adorable! I can't wait to get Jossie in some!

Charlee said...

Wow thats a lot of yard! How long did the piggies last? I thought it was a big day too I posted Aubree's on blogger and FB.