Sunday, June 5, 2011

Messy Business

Tearing out an old lawn, replacing sprinklers, and putting in a new lawn is messy business. The kids and I have missed being able to play in the backyard, but visions of green grass keep dancing through my mind.  Last week Matt was working hard on the yard... and I mean hard (every day after work and all weekend long), getting it all smoothed out, the sprinklers replaced, leveled, etc.  I brought the kids out and watered my garden and in the process Alayna got quite muddy.  I didn't care since it was nearly bath time anyhow.  Let's just say the girl is definitely not afraid of dirt!















Photobucket

5 comments:

Genn said...

Oh my, those pictures of Alayna are too cute. Definitely not afraid to get dirty. ;) That's how Claire is. Hannah, on the other hand, doesn't like to even have her fingers dirty, like me. Although I am SO the camping type. Camping in a motorhome type that is!

Thanks for your comment about Hannah and school too. I think it's funny when people tell me their opinions of why I should be starting her in kinder next year. They are only little for such a short time. I'm in no rush to get her through school.

Charlee said...

Love the pic of Alayna with teh diaper hanging out all full of dirt! I am the one with mess issues so my kids have never been that dirty! I need to get over that one.

Christy said...

I cant believe how much she looks like you in that last photo! I can see your mom as well. So sweet! MY girls are dirt, water and mud magnets too! Love it though! Oh and bugs!!!

Annette said...

Mud

Mud is very nice to feel
All squishy-squashy between the toes!
I'd rather wade in wiggly mud
Than smell a yellow rose.

Nobody else but the rosebush knows
How nice mud feels
Between the toes.

Polly Chase Boyden

This could be Alayna's theme poem...it has always been Emily's!

Teresa DiMillo said...

This post totally grossed me out. I really wish I will be able to let loose like that and let my kids have a good time no matter how dirty they get. Thankfully Taelyn is not interested in anything outside or getting dirty in any way, but I have a feeling this little boy growing inside of me will be a dirty little dirt lover and I need to not freak out!