Advent Activities

I purchased the E-book "Truth in the Tinsel" after seeing a few friends talk about it on Facebook on Black Friday.  It was only $1.99.  It has an Advent activity each day that involves reading the scripture and then making an ornament to go along with it.  The kids have been loving it so far.  While it's a little above Alayna's head, she still tries :)  I love that I've been reading from the Bible (not a kid's version) and Ethan has really tried to get it.  This is a first :)

A crown because Jesus is our king


A light... because Jesus is the light of the world



haha, this was our Mary... you might not be able to tell :)


This year I finally got around to making an Advent Calendar.  I purchased these burlap bags and then just used paint and stamps (thank you Krista) to put the numbers on them.  They aren't displayed as prettily as I'd envisioned in my head, but this was one of the few places they would fit and that the kids would not be able to play with them.  So it works :)  The kids love opening the bag each day and look forward to it.






The surprise this day was some Christmas stamps



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard