Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Day

We continued our low key Christmas into Christmas Day.  We awoke around 7:30, got ready and I made baked french toast (Pioneer Woman's recipe) and a baked egg dish (that I had prepared the day before and kept in the fridge).  Matt's parents and my mom joined us for breakfast. Both dishes turned out delicious. We let the kids open their stockings and spent the rest of the morning hanging out and playing with the new toys.





Alayna and my mom playing with her new tea set.



Ethan's favorite gift this year... a MobiGo from my brother
It is a "learning" video game for his age.
This is the best photo I could get of us in front of the Christmas tree :)

 Alayna playing with one of her new gifts
 Matt got me a set of macro filters to put on my 35 mm lens.  Basically they are an inexpensive way to play around and pretend you have a macro lens :)  Here are a few pictures using one of them....
 Alayna's first Christmas ornament
 Ethan's first Christmas ornament....
he sure was a cute baby.  Gosh that feels so long ago.
 Can you tell who this is?  :)
 This one is my favorite...
my lil' girly

After nap time (well, only Alayna napped), we headed over to Matt's parents' house for Christmas dinner and more gifts.  His brother Mike and family joined us.  We had a scrumptious ham dinner and then opened gifts.   Since Ethan didn't nap his behavior was quite challenging, but we made it through the evening and enjoyed our time together.

Alayna posed SO cute in front of the Christmas tree.... I love it :)

 Ethan gave me his best cheesy smile :)

Mike and Heather's three kids (and they have another on the way).

Gift time!




This is our 13th Christmas together.... wow
 Mike & Heather
Mom H. was surprised when she received an IPad (which Matt had already set up for her so it was ready to go when she pulled it out of the box).




It was a very Merry Christmas indeed.
Happy Birthday Jesus!
Christmas with kids this age, it really is magical.
It's almost like you get to re-live your own childhood through their eyes.
My heart is overflowing with thankfulness.

1 comment:

Charlee said...

Aubree got the same cupcakes! I love Christmas with older little ones its so magical and fun!