More Progress

My motivation and progress to accomplish things around the home took a major break this week while Alayna has had the flu.  The poor girl has been miserable and sick for the past 4 days.  Today she finally played a little and perked up and that fever she had finally got below 100.  It's still hovering around 100, and I'm hoping it gets back to normal.

We've been house bound and I've been trying to keep her happy.  I'm a little close to loosing my mind since Ethan had this same bug last week as well (although only for 48 hours).  I'm hoping that we can resume our normal activities soon because the kids and I are going stir crazy and the TV has been on waaaaaayyyyyy too much.

This morning was the first time she played and cracked a smile for days....


This morning I was able to get to one of my To Do projects.  I tackled the hall closet that has not been organized since we moved here a little over a year ago.  We mostly just threw stuff in there.  I tried to take a before picture but it's really hard to tell what is what.

A few hours later and I can walk in to get to things!  yay!  I wouldn't say this is really pretty, but it is highly functional so that is 1 point.  Wow, so much work for only one point, lol.



I needed something cute to organize my vitamins that sit on the counter.  I have to keep them on the counter because if they are not visible every day I will forget to take them.  I shopped my closet that I cleaned out and found the perfect solution :) Functional + pretty + free = 4 points



 I've been wanting to organize the kids' puzzles.  When I came across this Melissa and Doug puzzle organizer on sale for $13 on Amazon I had to get it.  I wouldn't really call it pretty.... but it sure serves a handy purpose. The kids have once again been enjoying their puzzles.  1 point.




This isn't part of the contest....
but these two flowers from the 99 cent store displayed in my pretty milk glass makes me happy :)
$2.00 well spent in my opinion :)  I need some prettiness around here since I've been surrounded by nasty illness.


Oh, and one more exiting thing....
I re-designed photography blog (this is what I've spent most of the week on).
So fun.  I love it.  I think it looks fresh and feminine and elegant.

Check it out.
Now if I can just get to the website.




Alrighty, that's all for now.
I actually did a project from Pinterest today, I'll have to post that later :)
That makes a total of 6 points for this post.
Is anyone else keeping track?



Comments

Kelly said…
Love the website! I enjoyed reading your thoughts throughout too! :)
Christy said…
Yup, I;m at a big fat 0! But if there are points for home schooling, getting my kids to all their dance classes, art classes, PE etc.this week then I get 100! Ha! Hope your little one is on the mend soon.
Crystal Keilers said…
I want that puzzle organizer. LOVE it!

And I need to post pics of my closet re-do too. I made you proud.

I'm off to look at your photography blog..
Crystal Keilers said…
I had to come back and tell you that your stuff is amazing. Man you have grown so much as a photographer. I am so continually amazed by you. Love it!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

My silly girl...