Alayna turns three

First of all, I don't know how my little girl is already three.  I've really enjoyed two... and am not ready for her to be three, but I guess the day has come. 

We celebrated her this weekend, with a pink party (her request).  We started off the day with her awaking to a decorated house and balloons filling her room.  She was so funny... she casually walked out with a small amused smile and didn't say anything, just stood there and looked around.



Love this picture of her hugging Matt... in all her bed head glory :)

 Her presents were all wrapped and ready for her, yet she didn't even ask to open them.  We ate breakfast and then she had fun opening them.  She would open one, then play for it a while before moving onto the next.  It was so cute and I love how she stretched it out.

My Aunt Kami and Uncle Roger were out visiting from Colorado for the weekend.  They weren't able to be at the actual party because they had tickets to the UCLA/Nebraska game, but they were here in the morning and enjoyed watching Alayna open some gifts.

My Uncle Roger loving on Cookie










For her actual party Matt smoked some pork shoulders and we had a yummy dinner.  We had our family over and two friends, and had a nice evening.  I loved being able to celebrate my sweet girl.

I was quite proud of the cake I made her (pink per her request).  I hadn't made a cake in years. 




Although the weather was nasty and humid we still managed to have the party outside and I think everyone had a good time.  The kids ran around and enjoyed the bounce houses.







Jolene made her a fun box of dress up clothes... she put some of them on immediately and ran around and played.





My mom got her a Plasma Car


Me and Jolene

My mom, Alayna and me 

These two are buds and goons :)




The sunset was gorgeous (in part because of the nasty humidity).  This was the view from the backyard.

It was a great day, and I felt so blessed to have our friends and family celebrate our sweet girl with us.  She is such a blessing.

Comments

Christy said…
Before you can even blink she will be asking to borrow the car. Ack!! Happy 3d badly to your little one.
Annette said…
So glad that I could be there to celebrate with you all. Happy birthday Alayna!
. said…
oh how fun!!! She is getting SOO old. I remember following you when she was just wee one... she's getting more beautiful as the years go on. I love the decorating you did to make it so special for her!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard