My Birthday Weekend

This year my birthday was so much better than last year, mostly because no one got the flu :)  Last year we were all sick and icky.  This year Ethan and Matt were both on antibiotics (Ethan for an year infection, and Matt for bronchitis), and Alayna had a cold, and I had a mild cold... however I'd still take all that over the flu, lol. 

The day before my birthday I got to go out and spend the entire afternoon... alone :)  I told Matt that's what I wanted to do, go shopping for myself, by myself.  He very accommodatingly stayed home from work that day because he was sick, but still took the kids for me for the afternoon.  I enjoyed lunch at the Queen Bean cafe, then went shopping at Ross and then Sephora.  I manged to find quite a few fun items and had a very nice time :)




On Friday (my actual birthday) I had TMOMS in the morning.  Before rushing Ethan off to school and going to TMOMS I opened my cards and gifts at home :)  Matt got me a basket from the RCS Golf Tournament that had gift cards for Redlands Chiropractic for TWELVE massages.  Oh yes.  I can't wait to use them.  Afterwards I went to lunch at Cafe Rio with Lea and Teresa and our kiddos.



My mom came over to watch the kids that evening and we got to go out to dinner with Danny and Jolene.  We went out to the Salted Pig in Riverside and had a delicious meal and so much fun.  The meal started with bacon fat popcorn and ended with candied bacon ice cream... oh yes.  It was seriously so yummy. My cocktail even had candied bacon in it :)  We loved it and would definitely return.  It's such a hip foodie place.




It had been a year since we'd been out with Danny and Jolene sans children and we savored every minute of it!  We had SUCH a good time.  We went over to Lake Alice for a bit after dinner but decided we were too high class and left, lol.  That place can be fun, but it was so loud and we were seriously the dressiest people in htere.  We walked over to The Mission Inn and enjoyed some wine at the Presidential Lounge, which was much more our speed :)



We got home at midnight!  That's so late for us to stay out, lol.  We had a great time and I felt so very blessed and special.

The fun continued on Sunday for me when my mom made me a delicious birthday meal.  Yummy appetizers, crab legs, twice baked potatoes, a delicious salad, and pumpkin cake for dessert.








Thanks to everyone who called, Facebooked, texted and just plain made me feel special!!!!

Comments

Christy said…
Yay for another blessed year! Happy bay sweet friend.
Kelly said…
So glad you had such a nice birthday weekend. :) I think shopping/lunch by yourself sounds fabulous! Those crab thingy's look nasty. hehehe :)
Teresa DiMillo said…
I so glad you had a great birthday and that we were able to spend some time with you on your special day of birth... You and our friendship has been such a blessing to me, just thought you should know ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard