A few randoms....

-If you gave me the choice between having to give up either bread or cheese, I'd give up bread.  Cheese is one of my favorite indulgences, especially gourmet cheese.  Some favorites: smoked Gouda, a strong Gorgonzola, white cheddar, Havarti with dill and triple creme brie.

-I love to have a hot cup of tea after lunch or at some point in the afternoon.  I find it so comforting and relaxing.  My current favorite is the candy cane green tea from Trader Joes (and it's decaf), it's so yummy.

-Speaking of Trader Joes, they have the BEST holiday goodies.... peppermint Jo Jos, the candy cane tea, dark chocolate carmellows, and the wintertime Belgium holiday beer they release every year.  So much goodness.  I could seriously spend a ton of money just on holiday goodies in that store if I wanted to.

-My favorite wintertime vegetables: roasted Brussels sprouts with reduced balsamic on top (after finished cooking) and roasted cauliflower with a little bit of melted cheese on top.

-Having freshly painted toe nails makes me feel pretty.

That's all for now, gotta work :)

Comments

Christy said…
OK wait I have to jump in here! That peppermint tea rocks from TJ's! We love it!! I might as well be naked if my toes aren't painted. Take Brussels sprouts and chop them up, throw them in a wok with olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper YUM!! the peppermint Joe Joes? I dip them half way in white chocolate and sprinkle them with crushed candy cane; place them on stacked cake stands and TA-DA! :) except cheese not so much, I'm a carb freak. Love ya girl!
Kelly said…
*I do love cheese, but I got to go with the bread.
*I totally agree with the comforting aspect to a hot drink (for me, it's hot cocoa).
*Peppermint and dessert is almost like fruit and dessert...a big no-no (with mint chip ice cream being the one and only exception)
*That brussel sprout thing sounds yummy!
Anonymous said…
Candy cane green tea--I just might have to try that.
Donna Stark

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard