Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Pinteresting

I have lots and lots of pins on Pinterest.... 4,457 to be exact, lol.  What can I say, I love it.  I also have to mention that I joined right when it started, so that's a few years of pinning.  I do actually go to my Pinterest boards often and try some of the things I've pinned.  I probably use Pinterest most for recipes and photography.

Here are four things I did this week.

*Made my own granite cleaner.  It worked really well, and it's much cheaper than anything you can buy, plus it doesn't have a bunch of crazy chemicals in it.  It left my counters free of residue, which seems to happen with everything else I use.

To make your own granite spray all you need is:
-1/4 tsp. liquid dish detergent
-1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
-2 1/2 cups water
-I also added a couple of drops of lavender essential oil.
Mix it all together, put it in a spray bottle and enjoy!

*I made these healthy triple chunk chocolate muffins and my kids enjoyed them, which is not the norm (they normally aren't the biggest muffin fans).  The thing is they taste very rich.  Only 95 calories per muffin and 5 grams of protein.  The only thing I did different was add a bit of cinnamon.
upinthegym-workingonmyfitness:

Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffins
A recreation of Whole Food’s VitaTop Muffin. Only 95 calories each!
recipe —>

*I made these overnight oatmeal cinnamon pancakes for my family and everyone enjoyed them.  I liked that they were more filling than normal pancakes.  Plus, being able to make the batter the evening before is awesome.  You just pull it out of the fridge in the morning and make them. I made a berry reduction that Matt and I put on top in place of syrup, it was so yummy.  I just simmered some frozen berries, a little water and a little sugar until it reduced. I topped it with a little bit of whipped cream :)

*No bake healthy granola bites.  Pretty easy and very yummy.  Handy to have on hand for a quick snack.

Next up on my list to try is:
-Fast Rasberry scones (because I bought a bunch of rasberries today)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I enjoy browsing your food boards and seeing what recipes look yummy to you. :)