Nesting

The nesting bug hit me big time a couple of weeks ago.  Unfortunately I've been far to busy to nest as I'd like to :)  I got it through my head that I needed to decorate my powder room, because I have literally done nothing to it since we moved here 3 1/2 years ago.  Last weekend I went along with Matt to Home Depot and picked out some shelves that he hung above my toilet.   I then went to Marshall's and picked up some cute accessories for the shelves, a new rug and trash can, and picture frames that I hung on the wall.  While we still need to get a new sink/vanity, mirror, light and toilet, at least it looks much cuter in there!

Here is the blank slate after Matt hung the shelves....


Here is my freshly decorated powder room :)



I designed this word art myself in Photoshop and then had them printed on 8x10 lustre photo paper from one of my lab's.  I'm pretty proud of it :)

This frame is hanging right outside of the bathroom, I got it for $15.00 from Burlington Coat Factory.


I also updated some of my pictures in the family room with some of our maternity photos :)  I love mounted prints.


Here is a thicker mounted print.

Little things, but they fulfill my urge to nest and make my home cheerful  :)  This week I'm hoping to organize and purge a few areas of my home.

Comments

Kelly said…
Very cute! I love the bicycle pic in the powder room.
Christy said…
I love all the little touches...it's those things that make me smile when I get a chance to do them around my our house.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard