Father's Day

Father's Day is always bittersweet for me.  It was the last day I spent with my dad, and I can't help but think about that day and miss him a lot.  This year Matt also had the heartache of missing his own dad.  We did our best and tried to just focus on the wonderful father that Matt is, and had a nice relaxing day. We went to church and then headed up to Oak Glen and had a picnic at Los Rios.  It was a gorgeous day.  We walked down the conservancy trail a bit to the little pond and just enjoyed being together.  I'm oh so grateful for the wonderful father that Matt is to our children.  I could go on and on, but I'll just leave it at that :)

Matt and his three little blessings :)

This melts my heart.  I love how sweet Alayna and Matt are together.  There's something extra special about a daddy-daughter relationship.  She's actually far more snuggly with Matt than she is with me.




An arm selfie with all FIVE of us :)

This was the little collage I posted on Facebook on Father's Day.

Comments

Kelly said…
How wonderful that while you are both saddened at not spending it with your own fathers, you have built such an amazing family of your own to celebrate. :)
Christy said…
I was thinking about both of you this father's day. I'm glad you were able to have a nice day and get out with your family.You are truly blessed to be married to a man of God who invests into the lives of his kiddos. And a word of encouragement for Matt; keep snuggling your sweet daughter. Morgan is a teenager and still snuggles with her daddy. Very sweet.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard