Colorado Road Trip

I'll have you know it took me FIVE days to get this post up.  Between our slow internet and my lack of free time, I worked on it a little each day :)

At the end of June/beginning of July We drove all the way to Colorado. It was important to me that we visit my grandparents so that they could meet Everett, their newest great grandchild.

 It is quite a long drive to make (1100 miles), especially with three children, but really it went pretty well.  The big kids watched movies the whole time and Everett did as well as a three month old could. We broke the trip up into two parts, doing the bulk of our driving the first day and then staying in a hotel.  We also stayed in a hotel in Glenwood Springs one night just for fun.

The hotel we stayed at in Glenwood Springs had a huge indoor pool and waterslide, which the kids loved. Ethan went on the waterslide non stop. We took the gondola up to the top of the mountain and hung out of a bit.  I did the zip lining.  Glenwood Springs is a very pretty town, with the Colorado river flowing through and the beautiful canyon.

Here is the view from the top when we took the gondola

Really this was more of a chair than a true zip line if you ask me, but still fun :)

 The kids went on a little roller coaster up there as well. 

Ethan LOVED the waterslide and was very sad when we had to check out of this hotel.

 The drive through Glenwood Canyon is one of my favorite parts of the trip. It's so beautiful.  I like to stop and hang out by the river for a bit :)  One day I'd love to go white water rafting through here. 

The only pictures Matt and I have of ourselves our selfies :)
 Everett enjoyed it in his own way, lol

Once we arrived to my grandparents they finally go to meet their newest great grandbaby, Everett.  They enjoyed loving on him all week long.

 The first day in Fort Collins we went to a new children's discovery museum in Fort Collins one day and the kids enjoyed it a lot.  It was a really neat place with tons to do and see. Later that afternoon we visited my aunt Karri's house so that the kids could see her animals. They each got to ride the donkey.

Visiting the animals at my Aunt Karri's house.

The sling was a lifesaver on this trip.  Everett slept in it quite a bit.

 The kids LOVED playing with my cousins Kyle and Kevin (who are now 19 and 17). 

These bins are full of Legos.  Fun fun!

One day we took the kids and went to a Butterfly Pavillion just outside of Denver.  It was a really neat place.  Non of us had ever experienced anything like it.  All of these beautiful butterflies fluttering by.  Ethan was so very excited when one landed on him.  I think Alayna was just as enthralled with the tropical flowers as she was with the butterflies :)

Look how big this one is compared to my face~

I love this picture of my Papa and Everett.  Papa loves babies and held Everett a lot :)  This is the only Papa that Everett will ever have met.

We loaded up my grandparents with us and went to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park one day.  It's so pretty up there.  One of these days our kids will all be older and we can finally go on some hikes up there.  We spotted a herd of elk but it was pretty far away.

Our little naturalist enjoyed the wildflowers :)

Throwing rocks into water never gets old for kids.

My Aunt Kami (my dad's youngest sister) and Uncle Roger came up to my grandparent's house and spent three nights there, so it was fun to be able to see them.  On the 4th of July we went to the small town parade.  To be honest, it was one of the hokiest parades ever :)  lol.  We still enjoyed our time though. 

 One of the only pictures we got of our whole family on the trip, and it's a cell phone picture.

My Aunt Kami and her fur baby Jackson (a rat terrier just like Cookie).

After the parade we stopped by the CSU research flower gardens, which are so much fun to look at.  They plant all of these flowers to research and test them.

 Ethan loved walking Jackson all around on his leash

 The rest of the 4th we hung out at the house and played a little latter ball, and then BBQ'd up some yummy food.  When it got dark we went out to a nearby town to watch the fireworks from our cars.

I took a few family pictures of the Hathcoats and some pictures of Kyle and Kevin while we were there.

On our last day in Fort Collins my grandparents watched the older two kids and we took the baby along and went beer tasting with my Aunt Kami and Uncle Roger.  We also got to do some whiskey tasting at Fort Collins' only distillery, which only opened recently.  It was a fun time.

Later that day my cousin Adam (a cousin from my mom's side), whom I hadn't seen in many years drove up from Denver to visit for a bit.  It was really fun to see him. 

Hanging out the day before we left. My Aunt Karri reading to Alayna.

Ethan and my cousin Kevin playing.

My Aunt Karri and Uncle Ken with Everett.
 Alayna and my aunt Kami.

Wrestling with my Uncle Roger.

The next morning we loaded up and headed on out for another super long day on the road.  We stayed the night in St. George and then headed home the next day.  After 10 days of being gone we were happy to be home.  Here are a few pictures from our trip home.


Kelly said…
What great memories you created! And I'll join you on that white water rafting trip. :)
Christy said…
you got some great photos of your trip girl. I am glad you had fun and are home safely. So many more family adventures to come. :)

Popular posts from this blog

My silly girl...

Meet Old Blue

Visit to Healdsburg