1st Grade and Junior Kindergarten

We started school this week. Ethan started first grade on Tuesday and on Wednesday Alayna started three day Junior Kindergarten. They were both very excited and had did great, and enjoyed school.  Alayna is especially excited to get to go to school now.

Ethan's First Day






Alayna's First Day








 I've been dreading the transition from having a child in school half day to full day.  I did great the first day because I was busy and had a dentist appointment, but the second day was not so easy.  Having them both gone and getting back in the car with just Everett was very odd.  Then after I picked up Alayna at noon and we came home I lost it and was so sad that Ethan wasn't with us and won't be with us for lunch or the early afternoon any longer.  Change is hard.  I'm sure I'll get used to it, but right now I'm sad.  I am so glad I get to have Alayna home all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays this year, it will allow us to still do some fun things :) When I picked up Ethan from school yesterday I was SO happy to see him.  We rode scooters together out front, and I was thinking with this new stage I will just need to embrace and enjoy the time I do get to spend with him.


Yesterday's weather was crazy, with thunderstorms and sprinkles, I thought the clouds looked cool, so I had to include a picture :)


Comments

Mom H said…
Very cool cloud picture! Alayna's backpack is almost as big as she is, lol! Ethan looks so happy, I love his toothless grin! I've been praying for all of you this week, seems so odd when the family is missing members but you will adjust. Breaking down is okay, I remember puting Matt on the bus the first time... He did great! Me, not so much... long time ago...
Christy said…
They are getting so big! crazy how fast they grow up huh?

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Old Blue

Trip to Healdsburg

bath paints, a sick boy and the yard